Web Page To Sign Up For True Email Account

Siki

Dear friends:

I am trying to insert (not attach) some photographs into an email. It appears that the only way to do this is to use Outlook Express which will not work with Yahoo, Gmail, or Hotmail.

For this reason I am trying set up an email account with True (my ISP). I have searched the True website for almost an hour and cannot see how to set up an email account.

Does anyone have the link to the page that allow me to set up an email account with True?

Any other ideas about inserting photographs into an email?

Aloha

Siki

>Any other ideas about inserting photographs into an email?

You can with Hotmail (and others), simply switch to composing HTML format emails, the email will be sent with the image within the body of the email. However, it will depend on the receipient's email reader to display the image also within the body rather than as an attachment. (You might need to get them to switch to Rich Text or HTML mode rather than text only mode.)

I would assume you are sending an email to someone that can not open an attachment?

Another way to do this would be to post the images on a picture hosting web site - then just send the person URL links to click to direct their browser to the hosting web site.

EG http://photobucket.com/

( This solution also allows you to post large file sizes and video etc without some email size limits that are imposed. )

Edited by Cuban

Thanks for the prompt response

Your suggestion to switch to composing in HTML sounds like a winner.

I generally use Yahoo email and I have searched to find some way to switch to composing in HTML. No luck.

Do you know how to do this?

Aloha

Siki

Hello :o

Outlook Express DOES work with Hotmail and G-Mail! For G-Mail there's a manual on how to set it right in your G-Mail page (under "settings" -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP -> "Enable POP for all E-Mail" and then "Configuration Instructions").

Hotmail even easier - in Outlook Express Tools -> Accounts -> Mail -> add -> Mail

Enter your name, click "Next". Enter your e-mail address (Hotmail) and click "Next" - it'll set itself to "http - Hotmail", click "next", enter your full e-mail address again and your password, click "next" and click "finish". Done :D

Easy as 1-2-3 :D

Best regards.....

Thanh

I highly recommend NOT using an email account tied to an ISP, you're eventually going to change ISPs and lose the account.

If you use Firefox you can put the photos on a Picasa web album and use the Gmail Skins plugin.

If the image is on a website, you can usually just copy-and-paste into the email as well. Just make sure you're not copying from a password protect site or the image won't load for the recipient.

Many thanks for all the gracious help. It turns out that all the major email providers are able to be configured for Outlook Express. I tried Yahoo, Hotmail. and Gmail. Gmail is the only one that I could make work and I am quite pleased.

As a side note, I have to say that I always enjoy the error messages from Microsoft Products. If you are knowledgeable enough to understand the error message then you would not have made the error in the first place. This subject is ripe for a short written or stand-up comedy sketch.

Aloha

Siki

...As a side note, I have to say that I always enjoy the error messages from Microsoft Products. If you are knowledgeable enough to understand the error message then you would not have made the error in the first place. This subject is ripe for a short written or stand-up comedy sketch.

I'll second that. My biggest gripe is completely pointless popup help. For example, some configuration page will have a checkbox next to some obscure term like "Realtime quadrafold scan gigometer" and the popup help will say "Checking this box will enable the realtime quadrafold scan gigometer". Thanks guys, you just explained how a checkbox works and nothing more!