10 Million Baht Investment Visa

Now as some may know my stance on the Elite Card changed over the years from negative to slightly positive but I have a question for some of these recent purchasers:

If it is such a dam_n good bargain that all you shrewd investors and high rollers reckon it is worth the Bt1.5m, then why didn't you buy the bloody thing before January and save yourself Bt500,000 ? :o

In hindsight, I should of perhaps gotten one a few years ago but I could just as easily have gotten an investment visa by putting 3m into a condo. And I'd get that money back, with interest.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I should add that my understanding of the Bt10m visa was it had to be invested in certain government securities for a period of 3 or 5 years, which I cannot remember.

If trading at a premium then they must be paying a coupon which is over the risk free rate (is there such a thing here !).

If it is such a dam_n good bargain that all you shrewd investors and high rollers reckon it is worth the Bt1.5m, then why didn't you buy the bloody thing before January and save yourself Bt500,000 ? :o

Ah, well I got mine at the old rate, and the visa is dated 24th August 06...you can imagine the groan I uttered when less than a month later my wife woke me up to tell me there'd been a coup...

A million baht at that particular moment didn't seem such great value then! :D

I got mine for Bt1m just before the price went up last year ...

I got mine for Bt1m just before the price went up last year ...

I also got one just before the price went up

Edited by chaba

Ah, well I got mine at the old rate, and the visa is dated 24th August 06...you can imagine the groan I uttered when less than a month later my wife woke me up to tell me there'd been a coup...

A million baht at that particular moment didn't seem such great value then! :D

Can you tell me what the benefit's would be if you're married?

RAZZ

What additional benifits you would get if you were married and had a Thai Elite card?

Or are you wanting to know what the benefits would be to your spouse if you had a Thai Elite card?

Edited by jstumbo

What additional benifits you would get if you were married and had a Thai Elite card?

Or are you wanting to know what the benefits would be to your spouse if you had a Thai Elite card?

The benefits to me.

It would be of her benefit as she would know I had plenty of dosh :D:o

RAZZ

You get a Visa that is valid for 5 years, After it expires or you get a new passport etc, you get ANOTHER 5 year visa for free and this happens until you either die or they scrap the scheme which is very unlikely.

With the Visa yes you do get a 90 day stamp and every 90 days you do have to go and get a new 90 stamp and do your usual 90 day reporting BUT you do this in Thailand, You don't have to leave and it takes 30 mins every 90 days.

Do I have to pay for this new stamp every 90 days?

If not, Elite Card is certainly a good deal. If yes, well, it's of course a bad deal then.

You get a Visa that is valid for 5 years, After it expires or you get a new passport etc, you get ANOTHER 5 year visa for free and this happens until you either die or they scrap the scheme which is very unlikely.

With the Visa yes you do get a 90 day stamp and every 90 days you do have to go and get a new 90 stamp and do your usual 90 day reporting BUT you do this in Thailand, You don't have to leave and it takes 30 mins every 90 days.

Do I have to pay for this new stamp every 90 days?

If not, Elite Card is certainly a good deal. If yes, well, it's of course a bad deal then.

You pay 1900 Baht if you need to get a new 90 day stamp without leaving Thailand. You also need a passport size photo and copies of the relevant pages of your passport and a copy of your Elite Card and you fill out the visa extention form.

If you left Thailand to go overseas then you get a new 90 day stamp just by entering again.

Even if I would never leave Thailand and would constantly get 90 day extentions for 1900 Baht, that does not make it a bad deal for me at all.