One Year Non Imm B Multi Entry

Just landed myself a job as a marketing officer for a construction firm out here. Part of the job means I have to go over to Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore to see suppliers and customers.

My company have advised me to try and get the one year multi B visa, as this will avoid paying numerous re-entry permit fees. They will supply me with a contract, letter and all company docs in order to do so.

Was thinking of going Laos, but a friend of mine warned me they only issue single entry there. I know a couple of people who have had success in getting a one year B in KL.

Just wondered what the opinion on here was as to the best place to go? Obviously Laos is cheaper to do, but don't wanna be messing around so if it has to be KL then so be it.

Any advice appreciated. Cheers

You already have the work permit? Do not believe any Consulate in the area will issue multi without that. You are being told a slight lie as all you need when on a one year extension of stay is a multi re-entry permit which costs 3,800 baht and you normally obtain at the same time you obtain the one year extension of stay.

No, They have said they will issue the W.P after I sort the visa. Been on an extended holiday out here but got this job offer through a friend.

A good friend of mine works for a farrang owned internet sales company and he got one from KL last month!

go get a single B, not to hard to get a single B if you have comapny letter, return to Thailand ask your compnay to get a work permit for you. use the work permit, if you travel often apply for re-entry permit, you can do it right here in thailand, no need to get a multiple B, it is a pain in the ass to get a multiple B, and it aint gona happen if you don't have full paper work.

Got the full paper work....

Contradiction. You just wrote that you do not yet have your work permit. The “full paperwork” for a non-B visa would include the work permit.

--

Maestro

I am under the impression from my company and other friends that work here is that I have to have a B visa in order to apply for the W.P, correct yes?

My company would prefer me to get the multi B visa as I'll be leaving the country around 3 - 4 times a month.

If the company is paying for it, go for the multiple-entry non-B visa once you have the work permit.

I believe application for a work permit can be made already while you are in Thailand on a tourist visa or whatever you may have entered on. Then with the receipt for the work permit application, called WP3, you apply for a non-B visa at a Thai consulate, which will probably give you only a single-entry non-B. Next you get your work permit. Then on your next trip out of Thailand you get your multiple-entry non-B visa.

Make sure you and your employer know exactly what documents you have to bring along for the visa application. It is a lot of papers. Double-check it with the consulate where you plan to go for your visa application.

--

Maestro

A multi re-entry permit allows unlimited travel for the period of extension (one year). You don't have to buy a new re-entry permit for every trip.

You do not need a B visa to apply for a work permit. You only need it when the work permit is ready. So you apply and then take the proof of application to obtain a non immigrant B visa from a Consulate.

The multiple-entry non-B visa costs 5,000 Baht, respectively whatever equivalent in local currency the Thai consulate charges at the moment.

The other option, annual extension of stay and multipe re-entry permit costs a total of 5,700 Baht per year.

With the multiple-entry non-B visa you have the advantage that when your employment ends you do not have to leave Thailand within 7 days. You can remain without restriction during the validity of your visa, leaving and re-entering Thailand at least once every 90 days.

Based on this I say, go for the multiple-entry non-B visa once you have the work permit.

--

Maestro

ok, thanks.... Just to clarify, my company must have applied for the W.P and show the receipt of this application as part of the supporting documents before I can get a B visa?

Without this I won't get one?

No chance of a multi entry B until the W.P has been actually issued?