I Am Getting Nervous!

lostturista

2 years ago, used to rent an apartment in bangkok, didnt pay for a month and i went home without paying. Do you think i am gonna be in big trouble when i get back there in May?

Don't think so. I assume that you paid a 2 month deposit when you moved in, so no harm done. But usually, better to leave "clean"

2 years ago, used to rent an apartment in bangkok, didnt pay for a month and i went home without paying. Do you think i am gonna be in big trouble when i get back there in May?

Don't think so. I assume that you paid a 2 month deposit when you moved in, so no harm done. But usually, better to leave "clean"

oh thanks, but is there a way that this apartment owners can like sort of 'black list' someone?

oh thanks, but is there a way that this apartment owners can like sort of 'black list' someone?

Hmmmm, I wondered why that farang was hanging upside down from a lampost in Pattaya :o

You might have done more than you said , then...I can not see why you would be blacklisted in the whole Thailand for 1 month ( certainly covered by deposit). So....??? Spit the beans ......

Hmmmm. You sound like the quality tourist the Thai government is seeking out. :o

Normally they put your passport into the shredder at immigration and stick you in the IDC for missing a rent payment, consider yourself lucky and best lay low for the next 10-15 years.

:D

They really start to weaken......Need a new coup to straighten all this :o:D

whats a IDC?

He was joking. No way that immigration is going to be black listing you because some apartment owner says you did not pay rent. That gets you kicked out of the building, not black listed by immigration.

IDC is the immigration detention center. Where they put people for overstaying their entries in Thailand

What a silly thing to do. What motivated you to run out them? Oh, and by the way, a Thai friend did something like that and yes, they did come after him and yes he did end up paying--and paying a lot more than his 1 month of owed rent. I don't exactly remember the details, but it took the apartment owner a couple of years to extract his revenge, but he got it!

That said, I've known a lot of people who left in the middle of the night and have had no retribution extracted on them--of course, the owner had the deposit etc. Those folks were usually 'fleeing' something more frightening and not simply trying to get out of their rent. With them, however, an apartment owner was the least of their problems.

Why not get off your butt and send them the money you owe?????????

Quite. But why did you leave, owing them money in the first place?

If I were the apartment's owner, I'd expect a dam_n-sight more than just the one months missing rent, too.

Edited by micksterbs

They've got snipers at the airport waiting for guys like you........

As others have said, that's what the deposit is for.

It is a common practice here (unfortunately) to screw you out of the deposit, even if you leave the room spic and span and in unchanged condition- so there's a bit of a game between tenant and landlord. If you play fair, they will charge you for every month's rent (including the last) and then take all or nearly all of the deposit. What *some* people might do, however, is not give notice and simply "forget" to pay the last month's rent while quietly moving out that month, then let them take the deposit for that month's rent. I would never do a thing like that, of course.

"S"

well if your past catches up with you.. just say you thought you had already paid the rent..

whats the worst that can happen.. you'll have to pay (again??).. ... ...

easier to go elsewhere though! .... as much as we love the asian way we're constantly being ripped off paying more than the natives! why? ........

in my experience its better to keep moving fom time to time in thailand.. what i mean is dont come back & think everything is just as you left it !! :o

ok u have either confused me or a im totally missing something,do you mean you left an apartment 2 years ago in bkk without telling them, and just didnt pay the last months rent and are gonna go back in may???

to be honest its not rocket science if so(please correct me if im wrong , dont mean to offend you) but you should have just told them and paid it, its a bit silly really to assume they will be glad to see ya. i would expect to say bye bye to any deposit and im afraid i have to say rightfully so.

surley your not going to go back there are ya and just pick up where you left off??

All Points Bulletin ( APB) has probably been issued. :o Big trouble in Bangkok for you Lostturista.

Avoiding the problem like you have so far is the best solution. Don't go back and make a bigger mess of things. Stay where you are.

:D

Edited by ilyushin

It's assh##es like you that help to give farangs a bad name. Do us all a favour, stay away.

Dude don't sweat. I have rented three different houses in three different cities in Thailand and each time I left the house the landlord would not give me my deposit back but also want one more months rent because I broke the contract. On each occasion I told them to go <deleted> themselves. I have been to Thailand many times since and never had a problem

So you're the one, I WANT MY RENT - and I'm adding ten per cent interest (per month) and I want it all now! You've been to Thailand before so you know all about the Thai grape vine - it's where someone completely unrelated, hundreds of miles away in another part of Thailand knows exactly where you were and what you were doing at any point in time, trust me, it works exceptionally well so pay up, or else! You can run but you can't hide.