2 Month Visa Extention If Have Child-true/false?

Hello parents, I read on one of the forums reciently that ANY visa can be extended by 60 days if you have a child born in this country and you produce the birth cert. I was informed (by somebody I consider to be a reliable source) the it's police order 606/2006 section 7.23. So off I went to immigration today to check only to be told you can't (what a shock :o ) This however is the same immigration office that also denies the existance or non imm "O" visas????????. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about this because being told "no you can't" by the immigration officer in Hat-Yai could mean: No you can't, Yes you can, Don't understand the question, It's my first day or give me some tea money.

...ANY visa can be extended by 60 days if you have a child born in this country and you produce the birth cert. I was informed (by somebody I consider to be a reliable source) the it's police order 606/2006 section 7.23.

Not your visa, but your permission to stay can be extended for the reason of visiting your Thai child and it is indeed covered by paragraph 7.23 of Royal Thai Police Order 606/2549, as you say.

7.23 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child: Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

Basis for consideration

(1) Proof of relationship; and

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Documents required

1. Application form

2. Copy of the applicant's passport

3. Copy of household registration certificate

4. Copy of the national ID card held by the Thai concerned

5. Copy of the marriage/birth certificate

The Thai text of the cited Police Order is here.

--

Maestro

I am moving this topic to the visa forum.

--

Maestro

you can extend a Non O visa for 60 Days if you read my topic on the visa forum you will see what you need. i just got 60 day extension on my non o yesterday at chiang mai immigration. thanks marshall

...ANY visa can be extended by 60 days if you have a child born in this country and you produce the birth cert. I was informed (by somebody I consider to be a reliable source) the it's police order 606/2006 section 7.23.

Not your visa, but your permission to stay can be extended for the reason of visiting your Thai child and it is indeed covered by paragraph 7.23 of Royal Thai Police Order 606/2549, as you say.

7.23 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child: Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

Basis for consideration

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Documents required

1. Application form

--

Maestro

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, the Thai text of the police order you provided me with will be very useful. Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between a visa and permission to stay? Is permission to stay a tourist visa?

Basis for consideration

Documents required

1. Application form

--

Maestro

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, the Thai text of the police order you provided me with will be very useful. Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between a visa and permission to stay? Is permission to stay a tourist visa?

A Visa is obtained outside of a country you are visiting. It enables you to enter the country.

Permission to stay is what you get once you are here. It is obtained at an Immigration Office. It enables you to stay after your Visa has expired.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been told I can get an in-country extension for medical reasons so I'm planning on making use of this - I'm going for my 1-year multiple entry B visa next week and since my due date is early July, I'd have to do a border hop just about when I'm giving birth. Is this just a matter of going to the immigration office beforehand and asking for an extension? I understood from my friend you have to produce specific forms and a certificate from your doctor to get it (she was asking for it because her son was ill, not for birth). Anyone know what the procedure is?

Thanks.