Withdrawal Limits On Thai Bank Account From A Usa Atm?

Does anyone know what the withdrawal limits are on overseas accounts from a US ATM?

Siam City Bank told my husband we could take out 150,000 baht per withdrawal with our ATM card from overseas but somehow that just doesn't seem right. Wouldn't the ATM machine itself (or the bank its affiliated with) have a limit on what you can withdraw?

I assume that amount to be the total daily withdrawal limit!

AFAIK this limit is the same as the limit you would have here in Thailand.

Basically the Thai bank only receives a request to withdraw money, checks it against the amount you're allowed that day (and your balance!) and approves it.

The per withdrawal amount will be set by the local ATM/bank you are withdrawing from. Same as in Thailand, where we have machines allowing 20,000 per transaction, some allow 25,000 and some only 10,000.

In the Philippines the limit is 10,000 Pesos, only about 7500 Baht, and each transaction gets billed 100 Baht (Bkk Bank Be1st)...The bigger the withdrawal, the better!

Most ATM's are limited to 20 notes in the dispensing part, so if you need more or they have run out one denomination you have to make more than one transaction (with associated fees). The other consideration is the daily limit set by the bank, this can be altered by negotiation, but they usually have a set daily limit, this might be what they were talking about, you could run into problems if the US ATM is full of $100's, otherwise you will have trouble with that limit.

The other thing it may include is over the counter withdrawals. I found in NYC in the early 90's they needed 2 acceptable forms of ID to withdraw $200 or more. My passport was one, but they would not accept my Au drivers licence, they would accept an international drivers licence (at the time it was a passport photo stapled on to a form issued by the Auto Club) so while staying in NYC I could withdraw $199.99, it was a bit of a joke between the tellers and me as they got to know me over the 3 months I was there. I could not use the ATM as I had an emergency card issued by Visa US after my Au one was stolen. The emergency card did not have any information on the stripe, which caused all sorts of problems with restaurants and gas stations.