Forbes Billionaire Inventors List Includes A Thai

sriracha john

and the true size of USA's economy vs Russia's economy becomes more realistic

Nevertheless, it was surprising to see Russian holding the largest percentage of top-25 positions.

Not all that surprising in a nation ruled by a gangster criminal elite. Actually more sad than surprising considering the overall dire economic conditions that the majority of the population live under in Russia. Same can be said of the large number of Indians now having great wealth. Not to mention Mr. Slim in Mexico. Again evidence that wealth percolates upwards and rarely trickles down.

Many of the US members seem to be the silver spoon generations a la G W Bush, as well as a host of hedge fund operators whose financial shenanigans are conveniently beyond the law. Yet there are still a few on the list who have earned their wealth the old fashion way by a combination of creativity and hard work. I kind of liked the story of the 99 year old potato king John Richard "J.R." Simplot.

Laopo

I've seen estimates of what you are referring to, and never have heard an estimate as high as $40b USD.

The asset base of CPB is at most (including all real estate) something like $10b and more likely $5b USD.

Where is the rest of the $30b people are talking about coming from?

Much like the Duke who owns a fair chunk of London or the Queen of England, being that it is belonging more to the title than to the individual, I think you will find this is why these types of people get left of the list.

If you want to provide a list of book references in no connection to anything, I am happy to consider, but that should probably not include the works of fiction by the likes of McCargo et al.

Edited by steveromagnino