Wood Floor Advice Please

zorro1

I have a new condo in BKK on the 10th floor. They installed disgusting vynil imitation floor boards.. I can purchase a new wooden floor at any major retailer but they are not cheap. has anyone used a tradesman and bought the timber? if so what did you pay? I need around 70 sqm

I have a new condo in BKK on the 10th floor. They installed disgusting vynil imitation floor boards.. I can purchase a new wooden floor at any major retailer but they are not cheap. has anyone used a tradesman and bought the timber? if so what did you pay? I need around 70 sqm

We just did a floor using tongue and groove soft wood floor boards. I can't remember the price per pack of ten boards but it is not expensive, I'll check back and see if I can find the bill.

As a matter of interest, lay the boards one way down and it will give you a gap where they join, the other side will butt right up close. If you want the butt up close side check the finish on that side of the wood as it is often not as good as the other side but to my mind looks better than the 'floorboard' side. A few coats of TOA 5500 mixed with their special thinner finish the job very nicely indeed to a semi matt finish.

whoever you find to do the job make sure they own a belt sander as it impossible to get it nice finish without one.

The small orbital sanders just don't cut it.

We just did a floor using tongue and groove soft wood floor boards. I can't remember the price per pack of ten boards but it is not expensive, I'll check back and see if I can find the bill.

As a matter of interest, lay the boards one way down and it will give you a gap where they join, the other side will butt right up close. If you want the butt up close side check the finish on that side of the wood as it is often not as good as the other side but to my mind looks better than the 'floorboard' side. A few coats of TOA 5500 mixed with their special thinner finish the job very nicely indeed to a semi matt finish.

whoever you find to do the job make sure they own a belt sander as it impossible to get it nice finish without one.

The small orbital sanders just don't cut it.

Sorry for late reply. Thank you very much for your help its all starting to look a bit clearer now