Qatar Airways *** Travel Report %%%

libya 115

I travelled Business Class DOHA-BKK a few days ago. I was not impressed. The plane was a 340-300 and the business class layout was 2-2-2 which was O.K. because I always like an aisle seat. I was sat in the middle.

Now the food was great: no complaints, BUT the seats were really bad. Very uncomfortable. The foot rest thing did not pick up and the seat just reclined to a 'V' shaped position.

Plus for the entire duration the IES (inflight enetrtainment system did not work).

Plus there was one (English) (I am sad to say) attendent who was snotty (A surprise for business class).

Altogether I rated the flight 3/10 (I did not pay the ticket) (But as sure as eggs are eggs I will not opt for QR in the future).

Just a warning. Also I have done some research and everyone (online) agrees that the 340-300 is a terrible business class condition.

Yeah that was unlucky. The A340-300 is still floating about not for much longer I believe. It was an old SQ one and the cabin was not changed to QR business class seats. The other plane to watch out for is the A300-600 same sort of seats.

Make sure you complain. If you get the A330 or the new A340 in QR the business class is actually very good with one of the best IFE in the industry.

I always ask them aircraft type on booking just in case...I know you shouldnt have to but u may want to get the next flight its one of the old uns.

I am now retired so have to buy my own tickets which means I will usually sit up the back, I obviously prefer business or first class but before booking work out the extra cost per hour, to give myself a sense of proportion.

I recently had a return trip and economy with QR and have nothing but praise for the flight, apart from the young woman sitting next to me throwing up for most of the Gatwick - Doha flight, and I cannot blame Qatar for that.

I thought about treating myself to a one off return on the A380 in the new first class suite vis Singapore, until I got quoted a price of a tad under under half a million Baht, oh well will have to start doing the lottery.