Good Old Canadian / American Food!

brandie

Hi everyone,

Just found out my family and I are moving from Alberta, Canada to Bangkok in 3 months. My 3 children are not really picky eaters, but tend to stay away from 'new', unfamiliar foods. I was just wondering if you could help me compile a list of some stuff that is not available or very hard to find in Bangkok, so I could bring some extras to get thru the first couple months. PLEASE!!! I've heard stuff like Cheeze Whiz, is hard to find! How about good old Kraft dinner, or peanut butter, or kids cereals?? I have never been to Thailand, and won't be until we move so i could use all the help I can get.

Thanks so much!!!

Brandie

There is plenty of peanut butter, Thai and American brands. Many types of sugary cereals as well. You might want to mention the specific brands you are looking for. I have had a hel_l of a time finding Grape Nuts cereal here. Sometimes Villa Markets carry it, but almost never when I visit.

The Villa Market is the place to find farang foods. They carry the most diverse selection of imported foods from the Americas. But you will pay a large premium for those items. E.g. Hungry Man TV dinner $3-$4 USD/CAD in North America, 750 baht ($20-$25 USD/CAD).

GunnyD

LIke oters have said, many things available but some loony prices as well.

Have you thought about introducing some Thai dishes into your kids' diet ? yours also by the sound of things. Get down to the local Thai restaurant and then to some asain grocery shops and get on with making noodle soups and other simple Thai dishes.

I have never eaten cereal here ever. I like cereal but I have never found decent milk in asia. Much prefer some noodle soup anyway.