Good Chiang Mai Acupuncturists?

haybilly

Does anyone know of good acupuncture practitioner/s in, or near, Chiang Mai.

(not sure whether this should be in the Health Forum--however, since there was one with very similar title and all answers were Bangkok related--maybe this is the correct place?)

(not sure whether this should be in the Health Forum--however, since there was one with very similar title and all answers were Bangkok related--maybe this is the correct place?)

Give Cory Cormans a try. She is the best in the biz around these parts. http://www.asianhealingartscenter.com/index.html

Or contact Keith Good at Taichi Thailand, he has a Doctor that works with him that's a master at acupuncture. http://www.taichithailand.com/pages/chinesemedicine.html

You could try the Mac Cormack hospital nr. the railway station. They have a centre for complimentary medicine including an experienced (Thai) acupuncturist, who is also a qualified anaesthetist. Very reasonable rates too. Check the listings mags. for 'phone No. and opening times.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Well I have only been to one accumpunctrist in CM, but I am very happy with her! The name is Mungkala Traditional medicine clinic. The address is 21 Rajchamanka road. Number is 053278494. The staff are really friendly and very nice in there! I think you won't loose anything to just go and have a look or simply a consultation, anyway it's quite cheap!!:o

If you know the health food store called something like "Baan Suan Pak", near the President Hotel, she brings a real expert from Bangkok every month who she says is much more experienced than the local practioners.

I trust her and she really sold me.

I have to agree with one other writer. Mungkala is a great place to go.Most meds work only if the person is willing and able to understand their own center of need.Also if the Doctor and Client Honor each other.This place is a husband and wife team.They have helped me beforeand many others I have sent there.As a team they work well together.Refreshing place as well.Very nice grounds to enjoy your stay there and like the person said below the staff is great.They work beyond the call of duty.Not like most Thai places where you are only a customer not a client.Price is right.

Also I might add.The lady Doctors works on the Kings Son.That may tell you some thing more than all the others listed.I've known them going on 11 years.Never been disappointed.I also took her classes which were real great.Learned a lot form herabout Chinese medicine.Nothing to loose every thing to gain.They will also tell you where to go if they can not help you.Also they do not think modern medicine is off base.If it is needed they will tell you.

Good luck!!!!