Any More Scoop On The Closing Of Immigration Offices?

Before yesterday I had dropped out for awhile and wasn't visiting this site or any others for that respect. I just was scrolling back through the old topics and ran across the closing of immigration offices topic.

Has any one been able to confirm this or was it plainly a rumor has it? One thing I did not see mentioned or was unthought of was what happens to the people who have to do the every 90 day check in. It was mentioned about ascertaining visas but not the ole 90 day check in which would create a huge beast of burden to the forienger out in the sticks or in the city that was axed.

If I remember correctly, one way to do the check in is by registered mail to the immigration, but this makes me shudder, and the next would be visiting an actual immigration check-in dept. Do border crossings classify as and can serve as check-in posts, not a crossing being for in and out stamp, but plainly as a check-in post. Is this possible at a border crossing? When at immigration for check in, one can only be served and processed for check in at the check in section only, otherwise it is not that immigration agents job.

Not a big deal but I do want to be versed if something changes and I need another plan of action.

Uncletom