Kids,long Haul Flights And Sedatives!

mearkat75

Have just endured a 10 hour flight with a screaming kid close by the whole time. All the trailer trash mother could do was order more scotch and cokes and tell her dopey husband to look after the spawn of satan. People were getting REALLY p*ssed off and the attendants were called on more than one occaision. The kid slept for a period in the middle of the flight for about 1 hour and then woke up again and was at it full tilt within 5 minutes for the rest of the flight. It got so bad at one point after it woke up that a discrete call was obviously made by the cabin crew for a physician on board to come and look at the monster and see if it was in some kind of medical trouble. Dont know the outcome of that intervention but nothing appeared to be given to the little sh*thead and it just carried on at full tilt for the rest of the journey.

That was the WORST flight I have ever had to endure. I swear that some of the looks on the fellow passengers faces were of murder. I never want to go through that again. People were walking off that flight like they had been through a torture session and the service crew were absolutely shattered. It was ugly, very very ugly.

It really is simple; if someone, adult or child, cannot guarantee that their conduct throughout the duration of the flight will be such that it does not disturb the comfort of other passengers then they should not be allowed to board the flight. If that means that some people with children will not be able to travel unless the child is medicated then so be it. Spot on! :o

Vegas,, I agree with your comments totally.

Also like the "NIGHT RIDER" picture.I tried to find the "TOE CUTTER" but settled on Wes and friend.

Seriously.

I am not in the habit of giving my daughter medication unless she is physically sick.

We gave her Ritalin for the flight but sadly it had an adverse effect and she was a real handful(thanks Doc).

Return flight we gave her nothing and she cried and screamed most of the flight,,,sorry fellow passengers,,,not nice.

Most of the posters that offer sensible advice here, have the right idea.

But not all kids are the same, my daughter is physically perfect but she is unable to call me Daddy and still needs to wear pampers.

She is 5

Clayton Seymour

Sorry to say that you have no idea. But for yourself.

I,m glad I,m not married to someone with ideas like yours. Well I'm glad I wasn't a passenger on either of your flights!

I think you need medication mate.