Marrage In Thailand

Hello,

i am now living in chaiyaphum with my wife em. i say wife as we have had a party with many monks family friends in ems home. now we want to register our marrage. we went to our local office but were told my divorce papers had to be copied into thai and have an offical stamp from the thai embassy before we can register?

also want ems 2 daughters to take my name. can you help please with what office i need to go to in bangkok? we want to register with british embassy, so at a later date daughters can have a british pasport if poss?

we have no idea where to go? what to take? how long it will take? we would be grateful for any help.

thank you :o

I take it you are British? In that case I expect the full details will be on your Embassy web site as they have a quite good one. Each Embassy is a bit different but you need to obtain a paper that you are free to marry and that lists several witness and brief bio data about you and your family. After that is issued you have it translated (and expect divorce papers) and then registered at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Once all is in hand you go to a District Officer with wife and register the marriage.