Expelled Frenchman Arrested For Trying To Sneak Into Thailand

george

Expelled Frenchman arrested for trying to sneak into Thailand

BANGKOK: -- A Frenchman was arrested yesterday in Sa Kaew's Aranyaprathet district while trying to breach through a border fence between Thailand and Cambodia.

Checking immigration records, police later found that Levy Gilbert Gille, 55, had been expelled from Thailand for his theft conviction and overstaying Thai visa in April 2006. Gille, a certified assistant engineer, was sentenced to a suspended one-year prison term for stealing and overstaying Thai visa in Pattaya by the Chon Buri court, which ordered his expulsion.

Gille has been charged with illegal entry and violating expulsion order and is now in custody of Khong Luek police.

-- The Nation 2008-03-10

"A Frenchman was arrested yesterday in Sa Kaew's Aranyaprathet district while trying to breach through a border fence between Thailand and Cambodia"

Unlucky to be caught?...I mean how long is that border!

A credit to Thai border control officials?

Isn't it the usual that its more expensive for farang to enter?

I guess as a farang he stuck out? I have heard many Thai's complain about people sneaking accross that border, and I did not assume they were talking about farang's....

"A Frenchman was arrested yesterday in Sa Kaew's Aranyaprathet district while trying to breach through a border fence between Thailand and Cambodia"

Unlucky to be caught?...I mean how long is that border!

A credit to Thai border control officials?

Isn't it the usual that its more expensive for farang to enter?

He's a bright lad our Pierre, caught whilst trying to sneak back into probably the only country in the world that he's been deported from and has a suspended jail sentence hanging to serve if he is caught. Must have been a pretty powerful incentive to make him take those risks else he is just plain stupid.

The law's the law in Thailand. No way around it. If he did steal and was convicted, and had outstayed his visa, he deserves it. Why would he outstay his visa if he were a certified engineer assistant? Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe he was lazy?

The law's the law in Thailand. No way around it. If he did steal and was convicted, and had outstayed his visa, he deserves it. Why would he outstay his visa if he were a certified engineer assistant? Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe he was lazy?

Thailand does strange things to men :o:D