Cheap flight yes/no

I WANT TO FLY WITH THAI AIRLINES THIS TIME WE TRAVEL TO LOS. IT GOES DIRECT.GOOD SERVICE ECT. ( WE ARE FLYING FROM LHR )

WE HAVE BEEN QUOTED £510 PER ADULT, £240 CHILD PLACE

CAN YOU ADVISE ME ON THE PRICE IF YOU THINK I CAN BETTER IT. IF SO PLEASE SUPPLY ME WITH THE INFO TO DO SO.

where are you flying from???

ive booked a direct flight from heathrow on royal brunei for september for 440 GBP. qatar is cheaper if you book early enough---around 380 GBP return.

try dialaflight.com if you are in the u.k.

great service

Simon it depends what time of the year you are flying.

IMO the price you have given for Thai Airways is very good.

My friends are coming over next month ( Aug) on Thai, they are paying over £600, they booked it pretty short notice

though. New Year/ Shool hols/Xmas tend to be the priceiest times.

The other airlines mentioned ( Brunei/Quatar) are good, but not direct flights ( as far as I know).

Personally I would use Thai over most other airlines.

:o

Thai Airways is the most expensive second to BA.

The cheapest and in my opinion is EVA Air, fly direct from Lhr and the service is first class.

Checkout     www.airlinenetwork.co.uk    they have some very good deals in September.

Finally always book on the internet for flights they are much cheaper.

Regards

Sev

:cool:

Sevinow, Where can I find cheap flights on the internet? Ive tried Travelocity, Orbitz, and some others and they are always much more expensive than at the travel agent.

If its any use I have a contact that can get Eva flights for around £450 inc tax, and even cheaper ones Depending obviosly on how much you are prepared to put your life in the hands of the cheap airlines. Eg: Aeroflot will get you there for under £400inc tax.

ebookers.co.uk

The secret to this is use it early hours of the morning to book with Thai, you will be amazed at the different prices you can get in a 24 hour period.

Why not due what I do,, buy the return in BKK, 38800 thb (but thats with an open return) try to do that in the Uk and you will need a mortgage.

looks like you have a mortgage already !!!!!thats about615 pounds you are paying when here in uk you can get from 375 return!!!!!!depending when you book. even last minute deals have gone for less. another 200 pounds to spend in los is a good two weeks living isnt it!!!!!???

I wanted to know if the price I have paid with Thai is good, I wanted to fly with Thai I have not been with them before, Is the price good £510 inc tax.( Good for Thai ) I already know I could have gone out £300 ish pounds with the other airlines. :o

To be honest, I have never had a bad flight between the UK and Thailand. I suppose it depends on what your expectations are. Once you are on the plane the service seems pretty good with all of them. I don't think Thai is that great; Eva is much nicer, Austrian/Lauda has an interactive system to play with, Singapore is pretty good, Air Lanka gives the opportunity for a stopoff in Sri Lanka...

Direct flight or 2 flights? Well if you go to London and live near London thats nice, but if you are traveling from the North or want to miss out on that trip down to London, why not get a flight into a European city (Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Vienna, etc), and then a flight to an airport near you? Much quicker than struggling overland through the UKs busy road system. You will probably get it cheaper too as multiple flights always are.

I usually get an 6 month open return from Bangkok, you can often get some good deals, although the ticket market in the UK is getting pretty competitive now.

One thing I have always wondered: why don't they have charter flights to Thailand? After all, most people going to Thailand are going there on holiday.

I wanted to know if the price I have paid with Thai is good, I wanted to fly with Thai I have not been with them before, Is the price good £510 inc tax.( Good for Thai ) I already know I could have gone out £300 ish pounds with the other airlines. :o

Simon I have answered your question earlier , yes it s a good price mate :D

turkish  airline  are  coming up  , quite  a lot on  london  to  bangkok , flights  £380. via   istanbul .   unfotunately  the   down   time  in  istanbul   is   tite , about   one  hour to  change  flights.     any  views / opinions  ,  on  turkish  airline  ,  and  their  timetable,   thanks

:o

So I guess the question is, do you want to pay the cheapest price and not be too worried about a long trip, or pay more and have a direct flight? As I said, all the flights I have had back and forth have been fine once you are on the plane.

Was reading the flight ads in The Mail on Saturday, and they do seem to be cheaper after August (Sep 9th seems the magic date for some reason). My tuppence worth.

I think the best online flight deals are from

www.bridgetheworld.com

Otherwise if you are in London, without doubt the very best deals can be made with Citibond travel, Maddox Street, they can offer return flights LON-BKK-LON at very low prices but with certain restrictions, eg No changes possible/3 week tickets etc.

FYI... couple of dates

Other flights from LONDON to BANGKOK :

Leaving on Thursday, October 02, 2003, and returning on Thursday, October 30, 2003.

ROYAL JORDANIAN (ALIA)  from HEATHROW  £350 (+ £30 tax)

QATAR AIRWAYS  from HEATHROW  £385 (+ £30 tax)

TURKISH  from HEATHROW  £387 (+ £30 tax)

THAI AIRWAYS  from HEATHROW  £400 (+ £30 tax)

GULF AIR  from HEATHROW  £420 (+ £30 tax)

EVA AIRWAYS  from HEATHROW  £444 (+ £30 tax)

EMIRATES  from GATWICK  £468 (+ £27 tax)

SRI LANKAN AIRLINES  from HEATHROW  £469 (+ £30 tax)

SWISS  from HEATHROW  £460 (+ £44 tax)

(All taxes are approximate)

Please call us now on 0870-333-4488 to check availability

and to reserve your seat.

http://www.dialaflight.com/default.asp

Destination Airline Dates Price  

and

Bangkok TG, THAI AIRWAYS Jul 01,03 -Nov 15,03 £399.00  

Tell a Friend  Reference: SPECIAL OFFER

Notes: SPECIAL OFFER VAILD FROM 15 AUGUST TO 15 NOV - PLEASE CONTACT US NOW FOR MORE INFO  

How to contact us:  

tel:0870 747 9012

fax:0870 747 9012

email:[email protected]

e-mail :[email protected]

or...

London Heathrow /

Bangkok Airport, Thailand Qatar Airways econ 6n/3m 1 adult

387.00+45.30

London Heathrow /

Bangkok Airport, Thailand Turkish Airlines econ sat/3m 1 adult

389.00+49.30

London Heathrow /

Bangkok Airport, Thailand Thai Airways International econ sr/ -0 adult

397.00+36.30

London Gatwick /

Bangkok Airport, Thailand China Airlines econ 7n/3m 1 adult

413.00+37.80

London Heathrow /

Bangkok Airport, Thailand China Airlines econ 7n/3m 1 adult

413.00+40.30

freedomflights.com :o

FYI.....

http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/flights....003

Travel House UK      £325 Bangkok return 0871 872 4777.    

Flights Worldwide    £329 Bangkok return 0845 6444 556.    

Global Flights          £335 Bangkok return 0870 606 4316.  

Fareworld               £339 Bangkok return 0870 420 8525.  

Payless Travel         £345 Bangkok return 0870 747 9012.  

Airline Network Plc    £441 Bangkok return 0870 234 9901.

Dial A Flight             £488 Bangkok return 0870 900 2255.

:cool:

I have flown with Thai, Garuda, EVA, all of which are direct. Don't fly Garuda they are bloody awful! Out of preference, fly EVA as they were the best I found. Good prices through flights4less.com or dialaflight.com

In my experience I've paid anywhere between £450 for Singapore (lucky deal) to £550.

I'm paying £445 at the end of Sept with Thai, and both that flight and my following flight have been booked through dial a flight who are very good. Cheapest I've been quoted is around £405 inc. Taxes flying through Kuwait (in June 2003, no thankyou!)

I've found that certain flight schedules (eg. different times of the day offer different fairs so check that out).

My only bad experience was Air France ! Never Again !

Also does anyone know if booking through an agent as oppose to booking direct has advantages in respect of altering flight dates and open ended flights, as I found this with Singapore?