Tv Party In Cm

raro

let's keep it in this thread as we have the bus pics in there.

Just kindly discuss all other modes of transport in a different thread...wish I was a mod.... :D

Suggestion for the payment procedure:

If you are ok (and because of previous experiences with similar undertakings....) we can proceed as follows:

I will PM those intersted in the bus ride my bank a/c number. Let's set a minimum of 10 participants, that would be THB 4,500 per person. Transfer that amount to me. If by April 30 less than 10 people have transferred, the money will be returned and there is no bus.

If 10 or more people sign up we get serious and have to order the bus. This means also that there is no more refund possible. No shows have to pay as otherwise they would jeopardize the entire operation.

If more than 10 people sign up, the cost will be split and the excess money collected returned to the people on the bus.

If you have any comments or suggestions to the above, I am happy to learn about it and discuss this. :o

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's keep it in this thread as we have the bus pics in there.

Just kindly discuss all other modes of transport in a different thread...wish I was a mod.... :D

Suggestion for the payment procedure:

If you are ok (and because of previous experiences with similar undertakings....) we can proceed as follows:

I will PM those intersted in the bus ride my bank a/c number. Let's set a minimum of 10 participants, that would be THB 4,500 per person. Transfer that amount to me. If by April 30 less than 10 people have transferred, the money will be returned and there is no bus.

If 10 or more people sign up we get serious and have to order the bus. This means also that there is no more refund possible. No shows have to pay as otherwise they would jeopardize the entire operation.

If more than 10 people sign up, the cost will be split and the excess money collected returned to the people on the bus.

If you have any comments or suggestions to the above, I am happy to learn about it and discuss this. :o

So what happened to the 16? And the 2,800 THB.

We must define a minimum amount of people on board or vice versa a maximum we are willing to pay.

The bus is 45,000.

I suggest a minimum of 10 people or 4,500 Baht.

If we set the minimum to 16 people or 2,800 Baht, it is less likely that we get the bus as I reckon that some of us will not make it.

So far we have on the list:

KDF

SWRWS

Begs

Mamanoodle

Bulmercke +1

Sweetchariot +1

raro +1

Draggons +1

Dinom +1

BarryofThailand +1

At least four of them are shaky as I know from PMs I got so far...but we still have three weeks to drum up joiners!

The more the merrier, join the magic bus (you've got the magic bus.....give me a hundred.....you've got the...

get my coat...

We must define a minimum amount of people on board or vice versa a maximum we are willing to pay.

The bus is 45,000.

If we set the minimum to 16 people or 2,800 Baht, it is less likely that we get the bus as I reckon that some of us will not make it.

KDF

SWRWS

Begs

Mamanoodle

Bulmercke +1

Sweetchariot +1

raro +1

Draggons +1

Dinom +1

BarryofThailand +1

At least four of them are shaky as I know from PMs I got so far...but we still have three weeks to drum up joiners!

The more the merrier, join the magic bus (you've got the magic bus.....give me a hundred.....you've got the...

get my coat...

but anyway if some members have raised ?? about going on the bus then unless they become definite they must be discarded so that those of us who are going by bus can know definite bums on seats. But your method of payment is a good way of encouraging members to put their money where their mouth is. This is the only true way that we will know for sure who is definitely going on the bus!

Edited by begsaresponse

but anyway if some members have raised ?? about going on the bus then unless they become definite they must be discarded so that those of us who are going by bus can know definite bums on seats. But your method of payment is a good way of encouraging members to put their money where their mouth is. This is the only true way that we will know for sure who is definitely going on the bus!

this is exactly the purpose of the advance payment.

Last time I organized something like that we had 20+ people "joining" of which 10 showed up. The others had changed their mind, slept in, whatever and left those who joined the bus with a bill more than twice as high as expected in the first place.

Even worse, we organized hotel rooms for them that we could not cancel anymore which had to be covered by those who took the bus.

Needless to say that I will not enter such venture again! :o

this is exactly the purpose of the advance payment.

Last time I organized something like that we had 20+ people "joining" of which 10 showed up. The others had changed their mind, slept in, whatever and left those who joined the bus with a bill more than twice as high as expected in the first place.

Even worse, we organized hotel rooms for them that we could not cancel anymore which had to be covered by those who took the bus.

Needless to say that I will not enter such venture again! :o

Now someone said I might be shaky. I ain't shaky, I have a drinkin' problem that causes me to spill som eof my first 5-6 drinks. I consider it a tax or a gift to those who hav egone on ahead.

Now re CM, I never were gonna go both ways and I take objection to anyone who says I do..... We would be interested in the bus one way so does that make us one person? What is the hypotenooose of an isoceles triangle anyway?

I cannot wrap my mind around this now. I will be in touch upon return from the poker table closest to the show girls rest room at Sheldon's new Venetian in Macau. I am not sure I will have 4,500.00 baht a person left when I come back.

You guys plan soooo fur in advance it drives me crazier.

BTW, I hope my squirrel suggestions were appreciated. Good luck wid dem critters.

kdf

I think it's fair enough to consider KDF and his lovely +1 as one person as they won't join the ride back. In fact, chances are that they would have been banned from the trip back anyways.... :o

We will work out similar discounts for those who join us on the way.

The bus is 45,000.

KDF

SWRWS

Begs

Mamanoodle

Bulmercke +1

Sweetchariot +1

raro +1

Draggons +1

Dinom +1

BarryofThailand +1

get my coat...

I don't think I'll make this one on the bus. If I do end up going I think I'll fly. I checked with air Asia 4900 round trip for two.

Barry

I don't think I'll make this one on the bus. If I do end up going I think I'll fly. I checked with air Asia 4900 round trip for two.

Barry

...which means two less on the bus and higher costs for those who join! Add also the costs for going to the airport and back on both sides, not sure if this will safe you any money...but your decision!

a bus which has enough booze for the trip. :D

and this is the sales catch! :o

I was thinking that people who want to drink can simply bring their own. :D

once your seated, we will chain you to your seat, confiscate your booze and resell it to you...after all I learned how to make business around here..... :D

I'm sure we could have a bar facitility on the bus....... :D

A bra facility might also make it more fun! TG flights up and back are THB 4380 all in and Air Asia cheaper

ok....PMs are out to those who voiced an interest in the bus. Terms and conditions are laid out again in the PM and if there are any questions, you can contact me by PM or the contact details I gave you.

Again, if less than 10 people sign up by April 29, the bus is not going to happen. If more people sign up, it will be cheaper for everybody.

Also remember that the bus is more or less a door to door service with no extra costs of going to Suvarnabhumi or Hua Lampong. Moreover, it is a VERY comfortable way of travelling.

For those who live en route to Chiang Mai, we can for sure arrange a "milk run" and depending on the shorter distance you are with us, discounts can be arranged. We will work this all out in detail later.

Hope to see you all on the bus!

cheers

raro

One week later no one has paid-up yet!

We can do that only by advance payment as I have to pay the bus in cash (or at least a substantial downpayment) when I confirm the booking. As I wil not carry the risk of having three guys on the bus and 45,000 Baht in costs, it is understandable that it can work only that way.

If there is no more interst in the bus please let me know. Then we can close this thread and I can stop running to the bank each day to check the balance. Your choice! :o

raro