Baby Doesn't Want His Milk

garro

My 7 month old has been refusing his milk the last few days. He seems to only want water and solids such as sticky rice and potatoe. He is also getting baby food twice a day and the Thai version of Farleys rusks. Is it normal for babies to stop wanting milk. We have tried him on a few different ones and he is currently on 8/26 stage 2.

Any ideas?

My 7 month old has been refusing his milk the last few days. He seems to only want water and solids such as sticky rice and potatoe. He is also getting baby food twice a day and the Thai version of Farleys rusks. Is it normal for babies to stop wanting milk. We have tried him on a few different ones and he is currently on 8/26 stage 2.

Any ideas?

:o I'm assuming there's no obvious signs of any problems? No doesn't sleep like usual, seems irritable, no watery or too solid stool, no fever, etc.? In that case I wouldn't worry too much about it. Make the milk available if he wants it, but as long as he eating well and isn't dehydrated....just let him decide whether he wants the milk or doesn't. At his age he is just starting to develop his own personality and preferences. Mybe he just doesn't like milk? Or maybe he is just a little jaded with milk.

One thing you can check is for lactose intolerance...problems digesting milk. If he has this, it might devlop as his body ages. Lactose intolerance...you get stomach cramps and such...is more common in Asians (it's genetic). Is he part Thai? Lactose intolerance is possible, although still not all that common.

But basically, if he is still happy and healthy, I wouldn't worry that much.

:D

Is sticky rice the norm for baby diets up there? Just curious. Heng Jr.'s meals at 10 months of age: consist of baby formula (Wyeth S-26), mushed up liver+pumpkin+ carrots+jasmine rice, and then followed up with some freshly squeezed orange juice (not that market variety which has added sugar) about half an hour later after the solid foods meal.

:o

Mine is 8 months and she's got her first tooth through so she is irritated by that. She has developed her personality quite a bit and she will refuse milk sometimes whereas on occassion she makes it very clear she want more ! Solids are rice with vegetables and some meat in a semi congee state. Her sleeping patterns have changed a little and we are having to keep her up later as she just does not want to sleep at 6/7pm anymore. That is actually better for us because she will sleep later into the morning.

From my limited experience, I'd just go with the flow but watch out for any signs that he is not himself. We're on our first as well so we're in the same boat !

Thanks for the good advice.

He was actually better with the milk yesterday.

I do think that it's really amazing how their personalities start to show at such a young age.

our boy is 6 months,he is 50/50..sometimes he wants the milk daytime ,or just water,and the puree, the wife steams the punkum,and mashes the bananas,as soon as he stirs of a night she sticks the milk bottle in his mouth for a min or 2 and he goes back to sleep, may stir 3/4 times a night but he likes the milk a night ,try boost food .com,for advice,

and tessco has hienz and gerber baby food,30/40 baht a jar,mixed vege and apple amngo are good....and dont let the thais hold them for too long,they need to develop,and gain strenth,let him crawl and roll where safe,and if you dont have one get a walker, again look after.

our boy is white as ,and built like pop eye ,the thais love him,as do i,.

hope that helps...dont forget the rice cerial

cat