California Millionair Dies

meandwi

We watched this on tv the other night and I had to laugh. The way they make the father who died, and his Thai wife out to be the "bad people". Just because he didn't leave his money to the exwife! I bet he loved his new wife and left it all to her for that love. Would you leave your fortune to your children if they were like his? Or to your new found love?

http://jezebel.com/gossip/clips/reality-hi...unty-320013.php

meandwi

So funny.

Good luck to the Thai wife.

Looks like the gravy train hit the buffers for the family. Lesson there for all in recipt of alimony payments, when the kiddies hit 20, dads the one with money in the pocket!!!!!!

Enjoy it whilst it lasts cos its gonna be a long lonely time once the money dries up. God knows, you may even have to work for it.

At least the guy died after having been married to a nice person!

Edited by Dupont

What a sad existence, all the money he could dream of but no relationship with his own children.

Seems to me he wasted the last part of his life building a second fortune rather than building a relationship with his children.

As they say, if money is all you want in life then money is all you'll get.

His sad superficial daughters don't deserve any money anymore than his Thai wife. There only thoughts seem to be that they ain't got there Daddies money not that they have lost there father . . :o

They are now so down with the fact that Daddy promised them that they'd never have to work but that ain't the case . . . oh my heart bleeds!

So the daughter says his Thai bride doesn't speak English but apparently has essentially told them 'fuc_k you' . . . how was this done through an interpreter?

I don't think I could feel less compassion for this daughters if I tried!

His sad superficial daughters don't deserve any money anymore than his Thai wife. There only thoughts seem to be that they ain't got there Daddies money not that they have lost there father . . :o

They are now so down with the fact that Daddy promised them that they'd never have to work but that ain't the case . . . oh my heart bleeds!

So the daughter says his Thai bride doesn't speak English but apparently has essentially told them 'fuc_k you' . . . how was this done through an interpreter?

I don't think I could feel less compassion for this daughters if I tried!

Really, what a uncommpassionate person you must be - their dad spoils them all their lives then leaves them to look after themselves, without any experience.

Why do Thai women make some forget their own kids. If he was so rich, you'd think he'd have found a decent looking bride.

If my old man married a Thai woman and gave her his estate, Id be a bit pissed off, wouldn't you?

Maybe he felt that if he gave the money to his Thai wife, it would be used for greater or better things rather than getting the "nails did" & "boobs."

Maybe the man grew a pair & decided to give to a person that never had, rather than those that have always had. Maybe he felt giving to a person that would appreciate his sacrifice was more important.

Ultimately, 12K a month is not all that much in that area of the world and for those girls to behave/act as if because the woman is THAI she does not deserve the money is horrid. Which is only representative of their personalaties.

My parents have done all they could to prevent me and my siblings from getting our inheritance. Long story....

But ultimatley I really do not care.:

1) Work is a fact of life, & honestly I would have less or no self respect if I had to rely on Mommy & Daddy.

2) It is their shame not mine.

Any how, yea, I don't blame the guy one bit. Seems like his daughters would just squander the money.

On another note, it sounds as though this guy died at a fairly young age. At least he had a young wife that kept him happy for the last bit there.

I have seen the show a couple of times. The wife and children left because he went broke. I've never seen a billionaire go broke! He still had millions,,, it was just not enough for them. These girls are the most spoiled rotten people I have ever witnessed. He did not have a will,,, so the money goes to the current wife. Not only that,, all his social security benefits, go to the current wife as well. When she turns 63. She is set for life. The ex still has millions from the divorce settlement.

As for living off of 12,000 US a month. That is what it takes to pay for a modest home, car, insurance, food, etc.

I'm glad for the thai wife! I hope they settle it soon so she can take her money in full and get closure.

meandwi :o

I suspect the Thai wife, fresh off the plane from the US and replete with millions of her husband's dollars is going to learn about avarice and money grubbing of a totally different order.

Unless she comes from a background where she and her extended family has always had money then the arrival of these millions is likely to be more of a curse than a blessing.

I'd love to see some 'real life TV expose' on how she gets on back home.

No doubt the money will be pissed away in a heartbeat or scammed from the thai wife by her own family or friends.

I saw this show and have to say the daughters weren't all that bad. Certainly not as disgustingly spoiled as some of their friends. The thai wife on the other hand was as cold-hearted as they come(seems to more than a few chilling tales involving thai brides).

If my old man died and left it all to some bitch he just met I doubt it would be easy for me to accept. I wouldn't be suprised if the thai wife has a man back in the "old country" and the whole thing was a sham. So sad for his daughters if u ask me. His ex-wife may have been a bitch, but his daughters didn't deserve to get shafted like that.

I give the girls a lot of credit for doing their best to move on. Hopefully they will come out stronger cause of this.

If this scenerio had happened in Thailand, no doubt there would have been blood spilled.

I have seen the show a couple of times. The wife and children left because he went broke. I've never seen a billionaire go broke! He still had millions,,, it was just not enough for them. These girls are the most spoiled rotten people I have ever witnessed. He did not have a will,,, so the money goes to the current wife. Not only that,, all his social security benefits, go to the current wife as well. When she turns 63. She is set for life. The ex still has millions from the divorce settlement.

As for living off of 12,000 US a month. That is what it takes to pay for a modest home, car, insurance, food, etc.

I'm glad for the thai wife! I hope they settle it soon so she can take her money in full and get closure.

$12,000 a month is good for a "modest" living? Maybe in Manhattan, or downtown San Francisco. Pretty much anywhere else in the states that would be considered living in the upper middle class. Definitely enough for a $1,000,000 mortgage, a couple of BMW's or Mercedes Benz's, and even a cook and a housekeeper from LOS :D Unless you have 20 kids $144,000 a year is plenty.

His wife in the US apparently made his life miserable. His daughters grew up to be the same as his wife. I don't blame him at all. MANY people who grow up with a silver spoon in their mouth never amount to anything after they do grow up, that's IF they ever grow up.

His wife in the US apparently made his life miserable. His daughters grew up to be the same as his wife. I don't blame him at all. MANY people who grow up with a silver spoon in their mouth never amount to anything after they do grow up, that's IF they ever grow up.

I totally agree with you here Gary, look at that guy who drove his Benz into the bus stop. Same kind of me-me-me attitude that you see from many rich kids who've been spoiled by their parents.

However, both parents do take responsibility in the upbringing of their children and if the guy didn't want spoiled little brats for children then he shouldn't have helped play such a large part in their spoiling.

However, both parents do take responsibility in the upbringing of their children and if the guy didn't want spoiled little brats for children then he shouldn't have helped play such a large part in their spoiling.

Probably had to pay child support. The court probably made it real high, so that the girls could continue the life that they were accustomed to when he was a billionaire. He probably did not have a choice to say that he would not give them lots of money.

Probably had to pay child support. The court probably made it real high, so that the girls could continue the life that they were accustomed to when he was a billionaire. He probably did not have a choice to say that he would not give them lots of money.

Re-read the article. The divorce happened after the bankruptcy.

$12,000 a month is good for a "modest" living? Maybe in Manhattan, or downtown San Francisco. Pretty much anywhere else in the states that would be considered living in the upper middle class. Definitely enough for a $1,000,000 mortgage, a couple of BMW's or Mercedes Benz's, and even a cook and a housekeeper from LOS :D Unless you have 20 kids $144,000 a year is plenty.

Garry,

I lived in El Paso Tx and earned that kind of money. I did not live the life style you described. Of course I had no debts. I think it would be more appropriate to say, you can live comfortably with that kind of money, and be able to save.

I have earned all over the pay scale, and it was not up until I was in the 6 figure range was I able to really save any money. Bottom line, it is expensive in the US. This Thai woman, if she stayed in the states would have more of a struggle than these bleached blonde bimbos due to her Enlish skills.

I think the guy knew this all along, so that is why he never bothered to formulate a will. Come now, a former billionaire, and current millionaire can not be 100% stupid. He had to have known this was going to be the end result?

Me I live on less than $4000 a month from my disability pension. I own a house, which I pay mortgage, have cable with all the channels, 14Mbit cable internet, 2 HDTVs, 2 cars, plenty of toys, and still save half of my income. The only debt I carry is my mortgage, and I manage to travel to SEA in Business, or First class usually twice a year. And on top of that I support my relatives in the Philippines. For 99% of Americans a 6 figure income would be huge.

I love to see these sob stories from these spoiled rich kids who never worked a day in their lives.

I was just making the point that an intelligent person could live extremely well on $144000 a year.

And it's Darrell Dak, not Garry :o Of course you may have the same problem I do with sloppy typing :D

Darrell "GunnyD"

Garry,

I lived in El Paso Tx and earned that kind of money. I did not live the life style you described. Of course I had no debts. I think it would be more appropriate to say, you can live comfortably with that kind of money, and be able to save.

I have earned all over the pay scale, and it was not up until I was in the 6 figure range was I able to really save any money. Bottom line, it is expensive in the US. This Thai woman, if she stayed in the states would have more of a struggle than these bleached blonde bimbos due to her Enlish skills.

I think the guy knew this all along, so that is why he never bothered to formulate a will. Come now, a former billionaire, and current millionaire can not be 100% stupid. He had to have known this was going to be the end result?

$12,000 is six figures, whoever lives earning six figures SHOULD have a comfortable life.

Taxes...

This also brings up an interesting point. Because if I am correct, the Thai bride probably is not a US citizen, which would mean she would have to pay tax on assets over 1 million dollars USD. I believe the tax rate in her case would be 50%..... poof BYE BYE.

The taxes on 144K would be around 30% if not more. Which is a net or around 99K or less, around 8K a month. The average American household income is around 50K. So she should be just fine. Not a complete life of luxury etc. But if the money is a consistant 8K then she would not need to be too concerned regarding savings.... Then she could live it up. New sports car etc.

Wow... beats a messy divorce.

I gave my last house in the US to my kids before I left. I told them both that if they inherit anything, it was going to be an accident. I do guard my little nest egg carefully and they will no doubt inherit that. They are the named beneficiaries. Everything I have here goes to my Thai wife. That's not a lot because it actually belongs to her already. I never had anything given to me and never expected anything. I did just fine on my own.