Non Immigrant Visa For Volunteer Work

I've never heard of a non-immigrant visa being issued for volunteer work.

As the work permit requirements are the same as paid work, that would most likely necessitate the volunteer paying for all the documentation and jumping through all the hoops, which is why it's understandable that I've never heard of a non-immigrant visa being issued for volunteer work.

Thailand's absurdity in this area equates to Thailand's loss.

<br />Does anyone here have a non immigrant visa for volunteer work and if so, what work is it exactly that you do?<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Yes it is possible to obtain non immigrant visa or volunteer work.<br /><br />Things to do:<br /><br />1.) Invitation letter of the volunteer org.<br /><br />2.) The DoE / labour office needs to confirm the status of the volunteer organization . <br /><br />3.) leave the kingdom<br /><br />4.) apply for non immigrant b<br /><br />5.) reentry <br /><br />6.) MOST IMPORTANT : YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR A WORK PERMIT. THE DoE (Department of Employment) HAS STATED MANY TIMES - ALL FOREIGN VOLUNTEERS IN THAILAND NEED THE APPROPRIATE WORK PERMITS <br />(*G* this fact apply also for volunteers@immigration,tourist police, anschok o.e. otherwise you are walking on very thin ice :o )

<br/>

If you plant to work with any serious NGO or civil volunteer organisation the will help you to obtain the propper papers. <br /><br />

Even if you are working for a small foundation and they cant afford the fees ( highly unlikely coz you paying trough your volunteer work)

the fees ( i you dont consult a lawyer) for an 12 month workpermit are around 4000- 6000 baht

Greetings

Jake

Edited by JakeBKK

I am planning to switch from a Non Imm O-Marriage visa to Non Imm ED Teaching Visa but as a volunteer for a goverment school in Thailand. I am aware this will require a work permit even with not being paid. Do I need apply for work permit before I apply for visa? Any advise?

I am planning to switch from a Non Imm O-Marriage visa to Non Imm ED Teaching Visa but as a volunteer for a goverment school in Thailand. I am aware this will require a work permit even with not being paid. Do I need apply for work permit before I apply for visa? Any advise?

There is NO such thing as an "Non Imm ED Teaching Visa"

The Purpose of an Non - Immigrant ED is that YOU are learning, studying, observing or whatsoever.

No teaching. If you teach, you work. -> Non Immigrant B

Anyhow ->

Howto for Goverment schools & private coleges:

-Approval from the Ministry of Education/Ministry of University Affairs or the University's administration. (When the applicant is approved by the Ministry of Education / Ministry of University Affairs or the University's administration, the school or college will then send the approval document to the applicant and to the Consulate for consideration in issuing the visa.)

;

And your criminal record of course (thanks to swirly face)

-a copy of the applicant's criminal record from the local police department (Must be certified by a notary public)

And yes, there are at least 1 million TOEFL / Scuba schools which will tell : you can do this with an ED visa. Is that fact right?

No, it isnt - if you get educated for beeing an teacher , of course you have to try to teach....... Let me see how someone explain the situation to a bunch of immigration investigators when there are 10 "ED" toefl teachers in the building and maybe 1 "B" instructor. ( *fg* I guess there first sentence is: Now you go home to xxxxxxx)

Greetings

Jake

Edited by JakeBKK

There is NO such thing as an "Non Imm ED Teaching Visa"

The Purpose of an Non - Immigrant ED is that YOU are learning, studying, observing or whatsoever.

No teaching. If you teach, you work. -> Non Immigrant B

Anyhow ->

Howto for Goverment schools & private coleges:

-Approval from the Ministry of Education/Ministry of University Affairs or the University's administration. (When the applicant is approved by the Ministry of Education / Ministry of University Affairs or the University's administration, the school or college will then send the approval document to the applicant and to the Consulate for consideration in issuing the visa.)

;

And your criminal record of course (thanks to swirly face)

-a copy of the applicant's criminal record from the local police department (Must be certified by a notary public)

And yes, there are at least 1 million TOEFL / Scuba schools which will tell : you can do this with an ED visa. Is that fact right?

No, it isnt - if you get educated for beeing an teacher , of course you have to try to teach....... Let me see how someone explain the situation to a bunch of immigration investigators when there are 10 "ED" toefl teachers in the building and maybe 1 "B" instructor. ( *fg* I guess there first sentence is: Now you go home to xxxxxxx)

Greetings

Jake

Thanks, I off to get my non-imm B, all my other paperwork and work permit has been completed. It was very easy and everyone was very helpful. In my case it is helpful that my work permit is for a Goverment School, Thai Goverment seem to deal better Goverment office to Goverment Office better than the the private sector.

The ED visa is for students not teachers. Your O is just fine.