Thai Consulates In The Uk

Can anyone with first hand experience please tell me of the opening hours of the Thai consulates in Glasgow and Liverpool, and also, do they accept personal applications to apply/collect a visa? (There are no direct flights to Hull, and B/ham & Cardiff flights get in too late to apply before lunchtime).

I will be back in Belfast this summer to get a new Non Imm 'O' visa, and am looking for a consulate which will accept walk-in applications (as I want to take the missus on a 1 day shopping spree in either Glasgow or Liverpool).

Thanks.

Big A

They do accept personal applications, but if it were me I would still post mine to Hull, as they seem to be the friendliest.

I'm not trying to contradict you but I've always found Cardiff to be extremely helpful over the phone with a very fast postal service.

Thanks for the input.....

However I asked for FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE

Sweetchariot: you said

They do accept personal applications

but

Brigante7 said:

the Thai consulate in Glasgow doesn't issue visas

What am I to do? I really don't want to turn up on their doorstep and be told to bugger off as personal applications are not accepted. Hull would be so easy by post, but the missus would like to have a wee day out in England/Scotland/the mainland as she'll be sick of drinking pints of Guinness/whiskey chasers with me in a smoky club in Belfast till all hours or being harrassed because she is NOT from the 2 main religions who get kneecapped daily!!!!!

Edited by Big A

Thanks for the input.....

However I asked for FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE

Sweetchariot: you said

They do accept personal applications

but

Brigante7 said:

the Thai consulate in Glasgow doesn't issue visas

What am I to do? I really don't want to turn up on their doorstep and be told to bugger off as personal applications are not accepted. Hull would be so easy by post, but the missus would like to have a wee day out in England/Scotland/the mainland as she'll be sick of drinking pints of Guinness/whiskey chasers with me in a smoky club in Belfast till all hours or being harrassed because she is NOT from the 2 main religions who get kneecapped daily!!!!!

I know from first hand experience that the Thai consulate doesn't issue visa's, I traveled through from Edinburgh and was told by the consulate they don't issue visa's.

Hull are very friendly helpful and friendly and do issue Visas on the spot, when I went I made and appointment and the process only took a few minutes.

I know that. But Glasgow and Liverpool have more charm than Hull (sorry any Hullsiders/Hullites who may be reading!!)

As Brigante7 kindly pointed out, Glasgow office does not issue visas, therefore, any Liverpudlians out there to tell me about the office there in Lord Street?

Edited by Big A

Hull are very friendly helpful and friendly and do issue Visas on the spot, when I went I made and appointment and the process only took a few minutes.

I know that. But Glasgow and Liverpool have more charm than Hull (sorry any Hullsiders/Hullites who may be reading!!)

As Brigante7 kindly pointed out, Glasgow office does not issue visas, therefore, any Liverpudlians out there to tell me about the office there in Lord Street?

Liverpool do issue visas there and then for an extra £10 on top of the cost of your visa but they would prefer to do it by post and the opening hours are limited. I only spoke to them by phone actually ended up getting my visa in Birmingham. I didn't find them particularly helpful, hence the reason I went elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone with first hand experience please tell me of the opening hours of the Thai consulates in Glasgow and Liverpool, and also, do they accept personal applications to apply/collect a visa? (There are no direct flights to Hull, and B/ham & Cardiff flights get in too late to apply before lunchtime).

I will be back in Belfast this summer to get a new Non Imm 'O' visa, and am looking for a consulate which will accept walk-in applications (as I want to take the missus on a 1 day shopping spree in either Glasgow or Liverpool).

Thanks.

Big A

hi m8 , just seen your post ,i am also from belfast and i went to birmingham for mine ,in and out in about ten mins ,english women meets you in lobby ask what you need checks papers and photos takes money ,and you dont wait to long ,very pleasent to deal with ,also if you have to post then try dublin not sure of return time though