Bmx

p1p

stop by 3king monuments around 7pm onwards and there are quite a few locals who could tell you where to get them ...

My Thai boyfriend,age 22, is very much into BMX riding. He also provides instruction. PM me for further details. PS He speaks English also.

Depend on what you need . The brand to go for is GT or HARO or SKYLINE. To set up a good bike that balance weight and support for those stunt . A light weight allow 48 spoke rim. GYRO that allow 360 steering turn . Good lining for safety . Good brake all this can cost as high as 2000 Usd

Depend on what you need . The brand to go for is GT or HARO or SKYLINE. To set up a good bike that balance weight and support for those stunt . A light weight allow 48 spoke rim. GYRO that allow 360 steering turn . Good lining for safety . Good brake all this can cost as high as 2000 Usd

Looking for a bike for a 9 y/o. 2K Baht will be nearer the mark.

Found a shop on Chang Moi that does them. RHS about 100 meters before the contraflow intersection.

Stunt Bike in simple . cost alot , cos the body is alloy and light weight as well as strong .. which allow the rider to do all kinda stunt cos is light to perform ..

there is a Shop in bangkok that sell .. COPY HARO BMX .. for about 3500 baht ..

just a bare bike that allow you to ride .. and maybe you add some simple .. side stand you can do basic stunt like jackhammer , side walk , spin and roll . stoppie ( if you got good brake ) .

weight factor play a huge roll ..

back in singapore you be able to buy second bike . but in thailand a good second BMX would still cost as much ..

Good luck .. you can do a search on the name i said above .. which give you more info on the bikes and why it cost so much ..

alot of the cheaper bike .. can't support stunt trick cos the steering is weak .. and trust me .. a bad simple stunt . like .. riding down some Stair . and half way the steering break cos it can;t take impact can break your kids neck ...

good luck ..

alway buy padding . for keen and arm .. and a helmet ,

i used to play stung bike when i am a kids like some 20 years ago .. i got 1 GT - and 1 Haro master -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi mate,

Just stumbled across this whilst looking for something else.

I ride bmx, and live in Chiang Mai. I'd be happy to help hook you up with a bike, if you still need one.

How old are your kids? What sort of bike are you looking for (cheap, strong, top of the range)?

Luckily there are now quite a few places selling bmx bikes and parts in Chiang Mai, if you know where to look. There is also a skate park (that only allows bmx) in the municipal stadium.

• 11 months later...

Hi Bung,

Your best bet is to check out Cherry Bikes. It's on the Doi Saket road on the left just before the esso garage. They have a good range of bikes. If you are looking for something cheaper, check out LA bikes. Their quality isn't as good as Haro etc but still rideable. They have shops all over town.

Good luck.

GUANO

Well, thanks to a TV member I got my boy a nice specialized BMX bike who's kids had outgrown it. Last night I had him all hopped up looking a you tube videos, he's out there now riding it still in his pyjamas :)

Last year I bought a nice Haro from Jackie Bike for my (now) 9 year old. I think we paid just under 5K, though there were more expensive models available. The thing is built like a tank and we're happy with it. Resist the temptation to pay less for a cheap knock-off, because it will rattle itself to pieces pretty quickly. Another option is to go to one of the shops that sells second-hand bikes imported from Japan-- they are all over town. Sometimes you can find brand-name used BMX bikes for like 3K. Of course, you'll want to check out the condition and components carefully.