7/11 Franchises

7/11 franchises in Thailand.

Basically a newbie question on 7/11 franchises and any information would be welcome

Can a Farang own or part own a franchise (as in a shared venture with a Thai)?

I expect that each shop/franchise will be different but I am wondering if there are any guidlines on the cost of a franchise here in Thailand?

Would it entail buying stock or does that come supplied?

Is there a standard contract?

What about re-selling the franchise at a later date?

Seems obvious the shop would need to be run by a Thai or a Farang fluent enough in Thai to be understood.

TIA

A year or so ago i looked into a 7/11 franchise and basically decided it wasn't worth it because the way the earnings are setup.

You'd think "You sell 1 beer Chang for 38baht, 7/11 Franchise sells it to you at 34baht and you earn 4baht"...WRONG!

7/11 sets a projected target profit for each month based on historical data.

If you bring in less profit than the target you get say 15,000 baht

If you hit the target you get say 25,000baht

If you exceed the target say 25,000 plus X times the exceeded amount/Y

Which is all well and good for the first year, as you might be able to smash their forecasts, but what about the year after that, and after that, when the forecast is based on what you did last year.

So you've got to be constantly out doing yourself, and for what (pretty much chump change), the only ones getting rich is the central 7/11 corporation.

I can't imagine the amount of stress that goes into owning a 7/11, but even if you totally rocked at running the store and making sales, you'd probably max out at 50,000baht a month profit, based on their wacky profit system.

But maybe i misunderstood something.

For information and lots of opinions on 7/11 franchises look in the SME section. There have been about 3 or 4 threads there in the last few months, so look back a few pages for more information if you do not get enough on the front one.

Yeah, someone might collate all that info. on 7's, family marts and general minimart operations one of these days and get it pinned at the top of SME forum. :o:D:D