The New Hangdong Road Big-c Does It Too..

Dustoff

They all seem to do it, don't they?

Tesco/Lotus, Big-C, every imaginable store in Thailand?

I just spent some 22kB in Lotus and had to wade through several boxes of high-end electronic merchandise before finding one that had not been obviously used by someone and returned as defective.

Then off to the new Big-C on Hangdong Rd where I bought a Sony camera at some considerable expense only to discover, deep in the very carefully repackaged box, torn plastic bags and a camera that is totally defective.

No worries as the Hangdong Big-C is nearby but the real bummer is that they will once again carefully repackage this defective camera and continue to pass it on until they find a customer who feels it is their Karmic payback to suffer this loss...

I know all about 'buyer beware' but these guys are as sneaky/sleazy as western lawyers...

Edited by Dustoff

Why bother with places that don't provide any service?

For anything electronic, I would recommend Siam TV. Far fewer complaints about them then anyone else...

I second the motion! First class service (in my experience :o )

/ Priceless

This is gunna be fun..

Just found out this morning that the software installed of Windows XP that is on my new computer, purchased at Tesco-Lotus is a fake. ( paid ..umm, well..alot :o )

Let's see how far I get on getting a genuine Windows product..wonder what thier main corporate office number is outside of TH ..were the BIG boss sits..wonder if HE/SHE knows..UK maybe???

and I ASS/U/ME/D a large corporation/retail outlet located throughout the world was trustworthy and dependable. ( and wouldn't violate international copywrite/ piracy laws..)

I believe ya Dustoff..

nowhere is safe.

TIT

:D:D

For anything electronic, I would recommend Siam TV. Far fewer complaints about them than anyone else...

I agree completely and they are always my first choice for electronics. They unfortunately did not have what I was looking for at the time and my lack of patience bit me on the butt..

Live and learn, eh?

This is gunna be fun..

Just found out this morning that the software installed of Windows XP that is on my new computer, purchased at Tesco-Lotus is a fake. ( paid ..umm, well..alot :o )

Let's see how far I get on getting a genuine Windows product..wonder what thier main corporate office number is outside of TH ..were the BIG boss sits..wonder if HE/SHE knows..UK maybe???

and I ASS/U/ME/D a large corporation/retail outlet located throughout the world was trustworthy and dependable. ( and wouldn't violate international copywrite/ piracy laws..)

I believe ya Dustoff..

nowhere is safe.

TIT

I bought a playstation from Tesco's a few years ago and was in stitches when they pulled out all the fake games I could use with my new ( i guess chipped ) playstation.. Imagine seeing that in the UK.

I also bought a cheap (12k) air con unit from Macro, the compressor was fake mitsubishi and lasted all of 6 weeks. I took it back and got my money back with no argument.. Might of had something to do with me pointing out the counterfeit compressor! Buyer beware for sure.. You don't expect it in large international stores.

Even buying light bulbs I've been offered genuine phillips or fake, where does it end..

This is gunna be fun..

I believe ya Dustoff..

nowhere is safe.

TIT

Check the CD's that came with your computer. I have bought two computers resently. Both came with XP (and all sorts of other junk installed). But included in the box where the original OEM Windows CD's. Now these CD's and the lisence sticker on the computers where actually Windows Vista. But for some reason they install a fake windows XP copy...

This is gunna be fun..

I believe ya Dustoff..

nowhere is safe.

TIT

Check the CD's that came with your computer. I have bought two computers resently. Both came with XP (and all sorts of other junk installed). But included in the box where the original OEM Windows CD's. Now these CD's and the lisence sticker on the computers where actually Windows Vista. But for some reason they install a fake windows XP copy...

I have the license sticker on the 'puter for vista like you...but the CD's in the box ( also for Vista ) are fakes as well.

I know I'm gunna have to BOHICA on this one, but man it sure chafes my ass..

and took a chunk outta the wallet.

This is gunna be fun..

I believe ya Dustoff..

nowhere is safe.

TIT

I have the license sticker on the 'puter for vista like you...but the CD's in the box ( also for Vista ) are fakes as well.

I know I'm gunna have to BOHICA on this one, but man it sure chafes my ass..

and took a chunk outta the wallet.

Can you help me out on this one? While the gestalt pattern and the context had me immediately thinking "Bend over and take it up the ass", the initials don't seem to match. Please elucidate. TIA

In reference to Windows xp being a copy on the computer you purchased. I received the explaination that computers imported into Thailand (dont know if Thai manufactors computers) cannot have windows installed, and it is installed by the dealer. Maybe just a smokescreen but they seemed sincere???? when I questioned why A generic windows was installed on a new computer.

In reference to Windows xp being a copy on the computer you purchased. I received the explaination that computers imported into Thailand (dont know if Thai manufactors computers) cannot have windows installed, and it is installed by the dealer. Maybe just a smokescreen but they seemed sincere???? when I questioned why A generic windows was installed on a new computer.

Installing WIndows XP rather than Vista was a favor, not a ripoff.

For anything electronic, I would recommend Siam TV. Far fewer complaints about them than anyone else...

I agree completely and they are always my first choice for electronics. They unfortunately did not have what I was looking for at the time and my lack of patience bit me on the butt..

Live and learn, eh?

The location of this place, please?

Live and learn, eh?

The location of this place, please?

Siam TV is in Electronic Plaza some 3+ blocks north of Wat Phra Sing on Singharat Road (the main north-south road in front of Wat Phra Sing).

Siam TV is in Electronic Plaza some 3+ blocks north of Wat Phra Sing on Singharat Road (the main north-south road in front of Wat Phra Sing).

It's the big store in the complex that houses the UBC office if you know where that is.

Also, right next door to UBC is an excellent electronics repair shop.

It's the big store in the complex that houses the UBC office if you know where that is.

Also, right next door to UBC is an excellent electronics repair shop.

The shop next door is very expensive, in my experience. It belongs to SiamTV I think.

Installing WIndows XP rather than Vista was a favor, not a ripoff.

I agree...but just wanted an authentic version, not a counterfeit. I emailed the Tesco main office last night for an explanation, doubt if I'll get one. And it would have been nice to get the XP driver software also...not counterfeit Vista ones... :o