Jackie Chan's New Police Story

DJ Pat

police.jpg

True JC fans have been waiting for a movie like this for a long long time. A return to his ass-kicking Hong Kong best.

Chan plays a HK cop who's success rate is second to none, but when an investigation goes sour and his entire squad are wiped out by a ruthless gang led by Daniel Wu, Chan is in despair and turns to alcoholism big time.

When the gang resurface with more shocking antics, Chan vows to bring them in, whatever it takes.

A return to brooding action and hard-ass fight scenes just like the two 80's movies 'Police Story' and 'Police Story 2', this is Jackie Chan as we haven't seen him for ages..angry, drunk, and not in the mood. Some of the scenes are shockingly brutal and the use of Hong Kong as the location is excellently shot.

You get right into Chan's character in this movie and almost share his pain as his squad are picked off in bloody fashion.

A few of the current HK 'Brat pack' are too lightweight for my liking but it just makes you hate them all the more as Chan pursues them to exact his brand of justice.

Check it out, it may be Jackie Chan's last movie of this calibre.

Did anyone catch the Steven Segal movies set in LOS. I was really disapointed by it. Her does hardly any of his own fighting in it, it is all body doubles with 70's style HK superman movie action sequences - people doing impossible things etc. Real shame I thought.

I had the misfortune to see 'Belly of the Beast' or whatever Seagal's movie was called. The highlight was watching him wai the hotel receptionist :D I think the only decent movie he did was 'Under Seige'

Oh well back to Jackie Chan. One reviewer gave a good line about the highlights of Jackie's hollywood movies... Rush Hour... a loud mouthed black dude. Shangai Noon-....A loud mouthed white dude, and The Tuxedo .......Jennifer Love Hewitt's breasts :o

One reviewer gave a good line about the highlights of Jackie's hollywood movies... Rush Hour... a loud mouthed black dude. Shangai Noon-....A loud mouthed white dude, and The Tuxedo .......Jennifer Love Hewitt's breasts :o

I liked the Rush Hour films, Chris Tucker was ok.

But this film is a real return to grit for Jackie Chan...thats why i say this may be his last like it.

One  reviewer  gave a  good line about the  highlights of Jackie's hollywood  movies...  Rush Hour... a loud  mouthed  black dude. Shangai Noon-....A  loud  mouthed  white  dude, and The Tuxedo .......Jennifer Love Hewitt's breasts  :o

I liked the Rush Hour films, Chris Tucker was ok.

But this film is a real return to grit for Jackie Chan...thats why i say this may be his last like it.

Do you blame him he's not a young man anymore The rush hour movies were good, they are making a third one i heard.

It was at the Emporium with a Mandarin soundtrack and Thai and English subtitles.

Really enjoyed it. Great stunts. Old school Jackie. No stupid CGI. No idiot Hollywood co-stars (though I liked Owen Wilson in Shanghai Noon/Nights).

Some decent drama, but also moments of comedy to keep it light.

Loved the action setpieces, especially the out-of-control doubledecker and the rubber ducks. Also, his fight scene in the toy store.