Thai Visa Health Insurance

mekka

I noticed on the website something along the lines of "Immediate Family" is covered...

So am i correct in thinnking that my Thai Wife and newborn are going to be covered if i take out a policy with or will i be paying 3x as much for the policy?

Any help greatly appreciated...

I noticed on the website something along the lines of "Immediate Family" is covered...

So am i correct in thinnking that my Thai Wife and newborn are going to be covered if i take out a policy with or will i be paying 3x as much for the policy?

Any help greatly appreciated...

Correct,"Immediate Family" can be covered i.e. they do not have to be Thai Visa members.

The premiums given - as with all premiums - are per person per year.

I suppose the 'sales guy' or customer service' team is off on easter vacation, but let me translate the Q & A so far as follows (I was somehow thinking along the same line as the OP myself & still considering taking out some medical insurance currently):

Q) How much is the total yearly price for thai visa insurance say for the cheapest policy (inpatient only 1M cover) for my family of 3 - parents + 1 child?

A) According price list that'd be something around: 3 * yearly price per person ~ 12k = ~ 36k :D

Now my next question would be what's the premium on the 5M policy? Doesn't seem to be any info of it anywhere?

Anyway I agree there's something dodgy about having a statement saying 'immediate family covered', when in reality it means 'can be covered' aka can be bough additionally :-(

Hopefully it's a typo or else the whole scheme may be according the same standard...

Cheers :o

Edited by worldfun

Back to basics everyone :

‘Immediate Family’ by definition are Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Son, Daughter i.e. not your second cousin removed.

The premiums stated (see previous post) are per person. If you are talking about a family of 3 then yes, simply multiply the premium by 3, not difficult.

The 5m Baht plan is easily accessible via the Thai Visa quotation form. http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

One must understand insurance – especially medical – is not a subject one can generalize on and that is why Thai Visa has made (via the quotation form) the whole subject easily accessible to individuals.

Back to basics everyone :

‘Immediate Family’ by definition are Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Son, Daughter i.e. not your second cousin removed.

The premiums stated (see previous post) are per person. If you are talking about a family of 3 then yes, simply multiply the premium by 3, not difficult.

The 5m Baht plan is easily accessible via the Thai Visa quotation form. http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

One must understand insurance – especially medical – is not a subject one can generalize on and that is why Thai Visa has made (via the quotation form) the whole subject easily accessible to individuals.

You may wish to note that on the quote form for some reason there is no option to choose 1966 as the year of birth. 65 and 67 are there so I assume it's just an error that needs correcting.

Back to basics everyone :

'Immediate Family' by definition are Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Son, Daughter i.e. not your second cousin removed.

You may wish to note that on the quote form for some reason there is no option to choose 1966 as the year of birth. 65 and 67 are there so I assume it's just an error that needs correcting.

We do apologize, 1966 has in fact disappeared. Now as any good true blooded Brit will know, 1966 is extremely important to England - it was when we (last) won the football world cup championship !

We shall ask the ‘powers that be’ to correct this major blunder.