Living And Working In Tachilek (burma)

Hi, im new to the forum and i'l be coming to maesai/Tachileik this summer for two months to work in a childrens home. the little problem is i dont know if i'l be at childlife or futurelife yet (long story). future lifes accepted me, childlifes restricting non thai volunteers for the moment at least. i was told by my contact that i'd need to go over to thailand every two weeks when i was staying in Tachileik. can someone explain it to me? im guessing its to do with visas and visiting ect.... :o any irish out there this summer? need advice on a good place to stay...

Edited by galwaygirl

I honestly don't know GG, I've never heard of anyone actually living in Tachilek although most of us here have been there many times.

If the conditions of the Myanmar visa say that you have to leave the country every two weeks, which sounds like the standard short term visa on entry, then you will need a multiple entry Thai visa as well I suspect.

I think it would be a good idea to direct this inquiry to the wise men in the Visa forum.

I am moving these posts to the VIsa subforum - there will be more people with knowledge of the situation. I have not heard of westerners working in Tachilek so this is right out of my knowledge.

Hope you find the answers

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa