Pediatrician @ Bnh

StrongView

Our normal pediatrician @ Samitivej is on sick leave for a few months and her backup (who we also like) has new, more limited hours. I'm looking for a new pediatrician at BNH and would like some feedback on who some TV members would recommend there. So, have at it.

Yeah, it's Dr. Buppha. She apparently is quite sick (something with her heart) and yes, gone until May. Unfortunately, I had seen samran's post a while back (not on this thread) about Dr. Kusuma and we scheduled an appointment to see her. She seemed quite uninterested in our situation as we explained our daughters symptoms. On a second visit (unrelated, for routine vaccines) we tried Dr. Phiwad and though he was a very, very kind old man, I wouldn't recommend him to other farangs. Perhaps a Thai would be more happy with him though, as he seems to explain things in a very "I'm the doctor, that's why" sort of way.

I should say that Dr. Buppha's "backup" (as I had phrased it in my original post) is Dr. Paweree. Our first experience with her was at the birth of our daughter. Dr. Buppha was not able to be there (she said it was too early in the morning for her :o ) and Dr. Pawaree was the on-call. She was excellent. I like the way she thinks. Instead of an "I'm the doctor, that's why" attitude, she will entertain any concern you have and fully explain to you what she thinks and let you decide (with some guidance) what action to take.

Edited by StrongView

Yeah, it's Dr. Buppha. She apparently is quite sick (something with her heart) and yes, gone until May. Unfortunately, I had seen samran's post a while back (not on this thread) about Dr. Kusuma and we scheduled an appointment to see her. She seemed quite uninterested in our situation as we explained our daughters symptoms. On a second visit (unrelated, for routine vaccines) we tried Dr. Phiwad and though he was a very, very kind old man, I wouldn't recommend him to other farangs. Perhaps a Thai would be more happy with him though, as he seems to explain things in a very "I'm the doctor, that's why" sort of way.

I should say that Dr. Buppha's "backup" (as I had phrased it in my original post) is Dr. Paweree. Our first experience with her was at the birth of our daughter. Dr. Buppha was not able to be there (she said it was too early in the morning for her :o ) and Dr. Pawaree was the on-call. She was excellent. I like the way she thinks. Instead of an "I'm the doctor, that's why" attitude, she will entertain any concern you have and fully explain to you what she thinks and let you decide (with some guidance) what action to take.

sorry to hear. Thorougly understand the need to be comfortable with your Doctor, and sorry to hear that Dr Kusama wasn't right for you.

So Dr. Paweree is the backup? That's great to know. We've used Buppha's services for 4 years and love her to death! She was so supportive of our homebirths and alternative medicine choices. I really don't want to have to go hunting to find a replacement. Sometimes it's difficult to find a Dr that is totally supportive of parents decisions and doesn't take the "i'm the doctor" route.

So, thanks for the heads up. (And that's distressing about Dr. Buppha!)

Edited by kannon99