Tiger Boxer

jdinasia

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Ok no problem... if i by chance happen to run into one that's for sale i'll let you know. And if you got one to fix i'll be there for you, too.

Best regards....

Thanh

Hi Thahn,

Ok I will look further ( if possible ) but somehow I have to find the name of the shop that buys & sells the damm things in Bkk, & yes after all your kind efforts on my behalf how would I ever dare take it elsewhere for repair.

& at least you wont steal my b---dy seat like the local guy here did recently. :)

Regards Bros.

I belief that the Honda CG and Tiger Boxer engine are not compatible in the form of swapping parts. Also I'm not aware that Akunar sells Honda CG bore-up kits, but everything is possible I did not visit them for some time.

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the delay but now I have it from the horses mouth, the 150 TT engine & I guess that means all their 110 to 150s are based on the CG unit & are produced & assembled totally in house at Tigers factory in Bkk, they are not bought in engines, they build their own units for their range including the 250 boxer.

so this means that maybe, just maybe if there exists such a thing as a CG bore up kit with a piston giving either an out the box sensible compression ratio or a piston that can have its crown machined to achieve this ,it may be possible to stretch it a bit more than 150, I will keep you all informed if & when I find out more.

Bros

• 2 weeks later...
Hi :)

Thank you very much in advance :D That device looks amazing and i could very much use it...... i hope it won't be too expensive :D

With best regards.....

Thanh

Thanh,

I believe this was the item I was shown by Charlie some weeks ago & as I recall the price was approx 6000 baht, I believe delivery to Thailand was free, & payment could be made through a bank in BKK

Charlie ( kano ) should be able to confirm for you.

Bros.

Hi bros,

we(kano and myself) talked&emailed about this item and there was a post on boxermc about some model which was merely meant for offroad models ...not as good looking but still functional this was about 7000 THb , i believe this is what kano meant...the model that i posted here is having an unknown price so far i excpect it to be slightly higher than that . i will share the reply with you once shay from asianconcepts emails me the info,

mbox

Hi there,

Just to update about the Koso Speedo RX2N - i got this reply today:

Dear Sir. Please be informed that KOSO RX2N is in stock now Price per unit is 7,800 Thai Baht. Free shipping in Thailand by EMS THailand Post with proof of delivery we also offer COD (cash on delivery) by TNT Express. But 3% need to be charged on top of 7800.- = 8,034 Thb

Best Regards, PEESADEJ N.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASIAN CONCEPT CO., LTD. THAILAND

RATCHABURI PEERA YONT LTD. PARTS

8/1-3 Khathatorn Rd., Muang,

Ratchaburi Thailand 70000

Tel. +66.32.321.614-5, +66.32.326.614-5

Fax. +66.32.310.814

www.AsianConceptThai.com

Honestly, i do find the price not too bad...but for the Tiger Boxer it seems there are plans in place already which mostlikely includes the madass digital speedo....i am more than happy if this all works out.

mbox

I belief that the Honda CG and Tiger Boxer engine are not compatible in the form of swapping parts. Also I'm not aware that Akunar sells Honda CG bore-up kits, but everything is possible I did not visit them for some time.

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the delay but now I have it from the horses mouth, the 150 TT engine & I guess that means all their 110 to 150s are based on the CG unit & are produced & assembled totally in house at Tigers factory in Bkk, they are not bought in engines, they build their own units for their range including the 250 boxer.

so this means that maybe, just maybe if there exists such a thing as a CG bore up kit with a piston giving either an out the box sensible compression ratio or a piston that can have its crown machined to achieve this ,it may be possible to stretch it a bit more than 150, I will keep you all informed if & when I find out more.

Bros

The Tiger engines are not compatible with Honda CG engines, the four cylinder mounting position will not fit, and drilling new holes in the engine is probably not the best option nor is there enough space to do so, also you need to adjust the stroke of the Tiger engine to accommodate the stroke of a Honda CG, this will also not be an easy task as axles thickness and length are not the same, not to speak of how the axle connects to the gear box.

With all work you need to do to get a Honda CG cylinder assembly working on a Tiger 150cc engine, you would probably be cheaper of going to Tiger and buy a 250cc engine from them....

The Tiger engines are not compatible with Honda CG engines, the four cylinder mounting position will not fit, and drilling new holes in the engine is probably not the best option nor is there enough space to do so, also you need to adjust the stroke of the Tiger engine to accommodate the stroke of a Honda CG, this will also not be an easy task as axles thickness and length are not the same, not to speak of how the axle connects to the gear box.

With all work you need to do to get a Honda CG cylinder assembly working on a Tiger 150cc engine, you would probably be cheaper of going to Tiger and buy a 250cc engine from them....

I could be totally wrong, but could it not be that the bore and stroke are identical? Therefore an over-bore of the cylinder, combined with a longer throw (assuming that the bearings are the same size) crankshaft from a CG 'up-bore' kit could get you up there in regards to the displacement. That's a lot of assumptions on how close the engines are similar.

I agree with you though it is probably a lot less hassle and cheaper to go directly to Tiger and ask them to drop a 250cc engine in rather than trying to punch more cc out of a small engine.

The original Honda CG125, as before 2009, had a 56.5mm bore and a 49.5mm stroke, the Tiger engine has a 61mm bore and a 50mm stroke. Now some of you will say that 0.5mm is not that much... but in engine design even a 0.01mm, or even less, does make a work or brake...

In Brazil they now-a-day make a Honda CG150 but the engine specs are even more remote, 57.3mm Bore x 57.8mm Stroke.... The latest creation of Honda Brazil the Honda CG150 Titan is also studied by Honda Thailand. (Basically this bike runs one everything you feed it Read here in English and here in Thai.) For the Honda lover meet your future, a 13hp 150cc.

Still Honda sets records with this bike in fuel consumption, and basically the Honda Titan is impressive.... (I sounded negative, Iḿ not)

Edited by Richard-BKK

The original Honda CG125, as before 2009, had a 56.5mm bore and a 49.5mm stroke, the Tiger engine has a 61mm bore and a 50mm stroke. Now some of you will say that 0.5mm is not that much... but in engine design even a 0.01mm, or even less, does make a work or brake...

In Brazil they now-a-day make a Honda CG150 but the engine specs are even more remote, 57.3mm Bore x 57.8mm Stroke.... The latest creation of Honda Brazil the Honda CG150 Titan is also studied by Honda Thailand. (Basically this bike runs one everything you feed it Read here in English and here in Thai.) For the Honda lover meet your future, a 13hp 150cc.

Still Honda sets records with this bike in fuel consumption, and basically the Honda Titan is impressive.... (I sounded negative, Iḿ not)

Thanks for the information; I was too busy (read too lazy) to look it up. The specs you have listed make it a really remote chance that you can use a Honda CG up-bore kit on the Tiger. C'est la vie.

And really, concerning the power output of modern engines; you can't look at me with a straight face and say that they're not retarded. In 1962 the Chevy 327 (5,4L), with solid lifters and a four barrel carb pumped out 340 BHP. This is a push-rod, two valve, all iron engine! You're telling me that we're only going to get 13hp out of a modern DOHC 4 valve aluminum engine with all the advances we had in the last 47(and just for the record that 340 BHP translated down to 150cc only nets you 9,5 hp)? And we know that the HP to displacement is always higher on the smaller engines.

I was always told that pictures tell a thousand words, so lets try I pulled some of the early designed of the Tiger engine out of my archive...

So here we go, first I will show a Honda CG125 Crankshaft...

Then I will show a design of the Tiger Boxer crankcase, and this is followed by the Tiger Boxer crankshaft assembly...

For people who can read a technical drawing, and I hope it is sharp enough, they can see that the power transfer from the crankshaft from a Honda CG engine happens on a different location then as in a Tiger engine. Even the location of the barrings is wrong, all it means that it would be impossible without machining new parts. Also to look and compare the cylinder mounting screws are not even close to what Honda is using for its CG bikes....

Personally, estimated cost to use a Honda CG bore-up kit on a Tiger motorcycle will cost more then buying a Tiger Boxer 250 RS...

post-12170-1242311829_thumb.jpg

post-12170-1242311946_thumb.jpg

post-12170-1242311962_thumb.jpg

He Dave,

The Honda CG150 was burning alcohol I guess, but the CG150 or Honda Titan has SOHC 2 valves, and a serious revolutionary injection system... The Titan brings you likely on a tank load up and back from Chiang Mai....

I belief I understand the mix-up, my g/f also asked about the TT150 and the Tiger Retro, and I now see that Bros talks also about the 110cc, which is indeed a very close engine design to a Honda design.

Still I have still need to get conformation that Tiger is using the Tiger 150cc Bulldog/Boxer engine in the TT150...

RIDE TO LOEI Region

We are planning a ride on a Tiger Boxer 250cc

from Bangkok to Loei in mid-june.

If there is anyone on the way up north that wants to join us for some talks or wants

to share experiences on the Boxer and its performances, be welcome to reply to this forum.

Best regards,

Frank V | Tiger Tour of Thailand

RIDE TO LOEI Region

We are planning a ride on a Tiger Boxer 250cc

from Bangkok to Loei in mid-june.

If there is anyone on the way up north that wants to join us for some talks or wants

to share experiences on the Boxer and its performances, be welcome to reply to this forum.

Best regards,

Frank V | Tiger Tour of Thailand

Hi Frank,

Sounds interesting...which route are you going to take? I may not go for the full trip but could join later for a good distance and a talk over our Boxer"s .

mbox

I haven't ridden a Boxer but i think they must be reliable and fast - or why would the POLICE use them? And they sure use a lot of them.

Best regards.....

Thanh

21 of them parked today at the next condo building over from me! (many traffic police must have Sundays off!) Too hot for any of them to be hanging around outside so I have yet to bed a ride on one!)

JD, where do you live that there are all these Tigers? I would also like to take a look and talk to some of the BIB.

I haven't ridden a Boxer but i think they must be reliable and fast - or why would the POLICE use them? And they sure use a lot of them.

Best regards.....

Thanh

21 of them parked today at the next condo building over from me! (many traffic police must have Sundays off!) Too hot for any of them to be hanging around outside so I have yet to bed a ride on one!)

JD, where do you live that there are all these Tigers? I would also like to take a look and talk to some of the BIB.

I have to shot a picture one day, as in our Moobaan we have surely 1,000 maybe more Tiger Boxer 200 PX motorcycles. In our moobaan is one of Bangkok's biggest police housing projects, with 3 large condominiums, and a large amount of higher ranking police live in townhouses around the moobaan.

By contrast, I have still never seen a civilian Boxer in northern Thailand.

There are surely a lot less civilian Boxers than Police Boxers here ...but seeing that the Boxer 250 RS is fairly new Bike it will take a bit time until it gets to the people...the dealer network is there, although there is room to improve, Tigers service i have experienced so far is great, but their advertising isn't in place so it doesn't reach the potential clients as yet...i guess this will be happening in the future ..but really depends on Tiger & their Business Plan

mbox

By contrast, I have still never seen a civilian Boxer in northern Thailand.

The reason why you don't see many Tiger Boxer 250RS is due to the fact

that:

1- Thai guys are pretty much reluctant to trust a Thai brand

2- Thai guys have been brainwashed by japanese bikes manufacturers

3- The Boxer is a fairly new bike in the Thai market

4- Advertising campaign by Tiger Motor company is not widely extended yet, although they were succesfully present with this and other model bikes at the Motor Show 2008 and the most recent 2009.

(I guess at this time tiger motor is taking a lot of efforts into improving the bike and is also accepting suggestions from those whom have tested it).

5- Though reasonable low in price (72.000BHT) the Boxer is still relatively expensive for a large Thai consumers market.

6- .....

My guess is, as soon as you will see more and more Tiger Boxers ridden by foreigners in this Country, Thai will convince themselves that

here we are dealing with a totally worth purchasing product.

Best of luck to all and

GOOO TIGER!!!!!!

A

Hello again.

Here are some pics of the mentioned RXZ. They ask for 5,000 Baht, the bike runs, is rideable and got the book. Condition is very reasonable considered that price. If you give me an additional 2,000 Baht i put a non-broken head light, the missing head fairing, correct tail light, good seat, new driver/passenger foot pegs, a new front tyre and new engine oil and you got an air-cooled smokey two-stroke. I will of course also check that all electrical systems etc are in good working order and that the brakes are good.

But it's not a GTO.

Best regards......

Thanh

I'll take it. When can you have it ready for me. I will be a good extra bike when I buy my new Tiger RS 250 in a month or two.

John

Dear Peaceblondie,

We all know, and you made it clear in several previous postings in this topic that there are no Tiger Boxers in Chiang Mai, your point is taken... Lucky, Thailand and the purpose of this forum is larger then Chiang Mai and its direct surroundings.

Reading back in the actual postings I can see by fact, some even with pictures of people having Tiger motorcycles in Chiang Mai... Maybe they not travel that much around ...

We did miss you for some time on this board, something tells me that you where in Malaysia for a VISA trip...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Dear Peaceblondie,

We all know, and you made it clear in several previous postings in this topic that there are no Tiger Boxers in Chiang Mai, your point is taken... Lucky, Thailand and the purpose of this forum is larger then Chiang Mai and its direct surroundings.

Reading back in the actual postings I can see by fact, some even with pictures of people having Tiger motorcycles in Chiang Mai... Maybe they not travel that much around ...

Thats true seeing there is a member on boxermc who also got himself a red boxer.....having to add i am also north of patpong and PB didn't see my Boxer...."just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it is not there" :-)

mbox

He Charlie,

I have to agree with your ideas, the person who posted on boxermc.info under the name of Charles was a person we know from this forum. Due to regulations I find I cannot reveal the identity of the person from Chiang Mai who rented the hotel room.

Edited by Richard-BKK

hi blondie,

you arent missed here at all. And i gonna tell you something right away you better begin to ask yourself some questions as a moderator.

you even dont have any idea what other members think of you as a moderator. that makes you really ridiculous

i dont want to go personal but start thinking Blondie. Luckily you are doing this moderator job for free otherwise you may have lost your job here already

charlie

one advice keep your personal feelings in charge

He Charlie,

I have to agree with your ideas, the person who posted on boxermc.info under the name of Charles was a person we know from this forum. Due to regulations I find I cannot reveal the identity of the person from Chiang Mai who rented the hotel room.

Hi Richard& Charlie

I suspected that....and was pointing to this.....sad to say that a "manager"here should know better and behave/post accordingly,other wise this turns into a childs playground without meaning and value....hopefully someone else can see the "rat" here?

mbox