Whys Is The Baht So Weak?

Last July one thai baht was at 4.1 yen. It has since plummeted to 3.1. The Japanese are major trading partners and investors in Thailand so this huge decrease in the value of the Baht is worrying.

Thb/Yen 1 year

post-35218-1206069243_thumb.png 634 x 597 (26.38K)

Edited by clausewitz

Getting less bht for your yen would be my conclusion. (baht strong, yen weaker) :o

conclusions can be deceiving. looking at the chart renders a more appropriate picture and proves that Clausewitz is right!

Getting less bht for your yen would be my conclusion. (baht strong, yen weaker) :D

This is starting to seem like Alice in Wonderland. How do you reach that conclusion?

give up Clausewitz! don't let hard facts spoil wishful thinking :o

Naam: a voice of sanity on the Thaivisa business forum.

FWIW

Japanese Yen to Thai Baht Exchange Rate

July 2007: 100yen got you 25baht. At todays rate you can get 32 baht. And that my friends is a COLLOSAL decline in baht value.

Edited by clausewitz

the yen was forecast for a couple of years now to be higher against the baht and is still expected to rise to 36, maybe even 38 before it comes back down a little bit. this is why i kept my yen account in tact even though I was down 10% as i bought in too early and too much when it was coming down - but now I am up about 10% and - now - I do not have anything in the red.