If Your Daughter's Boyfriend Beat Her Up?

realmadrid25

1. If the bf came from an influential Thai family.

2. If the bf came from an uninfluential Thai family.

3. If the bf's parents were expat farangs.

perhaps your answer would be the same for each, or perhaps not.

The bf in question is 18 years old. Your daughter is also 18 years old. Assume your daughter had a black eye and bloody lip.

Edited by realmadrid25

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the age of the daughters boyfriend? This could affect the action that would need to be taken?

Edited by bsided69

Regardless of who the bf's family were - end the relationship and file charges with the police - which would be pressed to court.

However, both our daughter and our son are a way off 18 yet, but they are being taught the limits of the behaviour to accept from others and the limit of their behaviour too others.

Abuse is not something we are leaving to be dealt with on the day if/when it occurs.

Edited by GuestHouse

The bf in question is 18 years old. Your daughter is also 18 years old. Assume your daughter had a black eye and bloody lip.

If I knew the parents of boy in question I would take my daughter to the house of the boy and ask him to explain his actions. Any further action would depend on the reaction of the boys parents.

I would definately advice her to stop seeing the boy, but we all know what teenagers are like.

Its a tough one if this was your situation.

Edited by bsided69

Have his legs broken.

Sounds good, It's what we would like to think we would do.

Truth be told , as a father of three late teenage daughters you see them go through all sorts of crap with boyfriends etc.

Although I have never seen a black eye or a bloody nose I have seen plenty of teen pain and boyfriend crap to imagine what I would like to do if there was any physical abuse, I think the mental abuse is just as bad but where do you draw the line?

Others fathers I have seen in this situation have gone in hard and quickly ended up the villain.

It is very hard to sit on the sideline sometimes, the big danger is that any sort of abuse becoming "normal" relationship practice

Id go on an internet forum and tell everyone how hard i am, what a fcuken stupid topic.

How many of you people that have posted break his legs or similar have ever premeditatedly gone round to someones house and beat them up severly so they know know not to come back, easier said then done for most i think.

He would of course be subject to a beating.

it is Turkish custom to stab below the arse.

What if hes got no legs?

Good point.......u can't exactly stab thin air...can u

you'd have to settle for ....nailing his head to a coffee table ......i suppose

He would of course be subject to a beating.

it is Turkish custom to stab below the arse.

What if hes got no legs?

Good point.......u can't exactly stab thin air...can u

you'd have to settle for ....nailing his head to a coffee table ......i suppose

Cruel........but fair.

Id go on an internet forum and tell everyone how hard i am, what a fcuken stupid topic.

How many of you people that have posted break his legs or similar have ever premeditatedly gone round to someones house and beat them up severly so they know know not to come back, easier said then done for most i think.

I was a bouncer for 10 years....I fought people nearly every weekend...I wouldn't hesitate to put the fear of God into someone who beat my daughter.

I once hunted down a junkie who had burgled my home....took weeks....saw him riding in a friends car, smashed the windshield with a 50 lb. rock, pulled the prick out through the hole and beat him unconscious.

Maybe I'm an idiot for doing it...but I did it....and for a few possessions......if it were my daughter?.....find a hole and stay there.

I was a bouncer for 10 years....I fought people nearly every weekend...I wouldn't hesitate to put the fear of God into someone who beat my daughter.

I once hunted down a junkie who had burgled my home....took weeks....saw him riding in a friends car, smashed the windshield with a 50 lb. rock, pulled the prick out through the hole and beat him unconscious.

Maybe I'm an idiot for doing it...but I did it....and for a few possessions......if it were my daughter?.....find a hole and stay there.

:o DINSDALE ..!!

Unlike most of the posters here,

a. It actually happened. My daughter was 18 and about six months pregnant with their first child, about to graduate from high school, very much in love, and confused. He punched her in the lower abdomen, hard.

b. We are Christians, nonviolent, pacifist, peace-makers, and I taught her to love the enemy. If I had not passed this test, I would have had a miserable relationship with my son-in-law forever.

My wife called me at work, and I immediately left work after calling the work place of the boy's father, leaving word that he had a family emergency of the highest priority and must go home at once.

I went home, put my daughter on the back of my Yamaha 550, and we went to the boyfriend's house, where his grief-stricken parents met us in the living room with a very repentant, remorseful young man.

We talked at length, with the father making it clear that he had never taught the boy to hit a woman, and the boy promised to never do it again. We decided to trust him. He never hit her again (the deal was he would not get a second forgiveness if he hit her again). He has spent the last 24 years at home, taking care of the three children, cooking and cleaning (his family is Mexican-American and he's a real man).

Oh, and back to the day we discovered she was pregnant. National Honor Society officer, straight A student, etc. Her boyfriend came rushing into the hospital (he knew she was pregnant, and an abortion or adoption was out of the question). When I entered the hospital room and he saw me, he was afraid I would harm him, seriously. I said, "I forgive you, and I love you." We hugged and when we had the later conversation about hitting my daughter, he knew I did not hate him.

Hate kills. Love saves. I prefer loving my enemies. You really should try it. Love works.