Foreign Family Thwarts Attempted Bag Snatch..........

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: March 25th 2008

Foreign Family Thwarts Attempted Bag Snatch.

On Tuesday a group of five people, two foreign males, one foreign female, an Asian female, probably a Thai national, and one young girl were walking down a dark soi in Wongamat when they were approached by two Thai males on a motorbike.

The Thai men attempted to snatch a handbag containing 5,000 Euros from one of the foreigners. They were unable to make a clean getaway and the two foreign males fought back. The foreigners were able to overcome the pair who abandoned their motorbike and ran off into the night.

Police were called and noticed the number on the number plate had been changed by way of masking tape. Nonetheless the paperwork for the bike was still in the bike and police are now well aware of the name of the owner, a 28-year-old Thai national.

An arrest warrant has been issued for the thieves.

a handbag containing 5,000 Euros from one of the foreigners.

Sorry 2 say, but i think if your stupid enough to walk down the street with 5000 Euro, maybe is should be in more deserving hands (the thieves hands maybe).

Never ceases to amaze me.

Perhaps no in room safe and didn't trust the tin boxes at reception.

I often see people walking around wearing backpacks and assume they are carrying all their

valuables as they do not trust their hotel.

Naka.

Edited by naka

a handbag containing 5,000 Euros from one of the foreigners.

Sorry 2 say, but i think if your stupid enough to walk down the street with 5000 Euro, maybe is should be in more deserving hands (the thieves hands maybe).

Never ceases to amaze me.

Why would you assume she had 5000 euros with her? I doubt that she did.

If you believe everything you read in Pattaya City News that is what is really amazing.