Business People Complain About Entertainment.........

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: March 26th 2008

Business People Complain About Entertainment Closing Times.

On Wednesday afternoon a large number of local business people involved in the entertainment industry gathered both outside and inside Pattaya City Hall for the third time in recent weeks to talk with officials regarding the clampdown by the new national government on closing times for entertainment venues.

The official closing time for all places of entertainment has been long enshrined in legislation as 2:00am, but for many years the law has been relaxed to allow bars and clubs to remain open until 3:00 and 4:00 am and sometimes beyond.

The business owners said foreign tourists came to places like Pattaya because of its vibrant nightlife not because of its temples and beaches. One Thai female bar owner claimed many tourists got bored if they just sat on the beach all day and watched the sun set in the distance.

The entertainment venue operators would like to see 4:00am as the preferred closing time. Government officials agreed to put the request in writing and forward this on to the Chonburi Governor who would then stamp, sign and seal this and send it on to the relevant government boffins in Bangkok.

I think it's a good idea to stick with the 2 am closing times. With all the normal tourists around these days, it's better not to have a clash between early morning beach tourists and late night drunks.

24 hour trading should be allowed at all major tourist destinations. Restrictions, clampdowns and crackdowns are all detrimental to the viability of a resort town such as Pattaya.

Soundman. :o

Agreed.

Considering the Thai's lack of concern for foreigner's wellfare in other aspects its bizzare they now want to protect holiday makers livers for 2 weeks a year!

If they're really concerned about the health of Thai's then Pattaya is not the place to do it.

I think it's a good idea to stick with the 2 am closing times. With all the normal tourists around these days, it's better not to have a clash between early morning beach tourists and late night drunks.

lol.. yeah "normal tourists" are going to love Pattaya beach @ the moment, its the dirtiest I've even seen it! :o

lol.. yeah "normal tourists" are going to love Pattaya beach @ the moment, its the dirtiest I've even seen it! :o

Whatever you say. I'm still in favour of early closing times and whether the beaches are dirty or not, there's a lot of "normal tourists" coming here.