Japan Sucks

thank budda (or your preferred deity) that we live in thailand, japan really sucks. i just had an average dinner at a so called italian restraunt and it cost me (ok, my company) 6400 yen, about $64 or 2700 baht!

a beer here is $8, coffee $5, it's re-god-dam-dickulous as john wayne would say.

ok, so there are millions of ultra cute japanese girls around, but they wouldn't give a gaijin the time of day.

and everyone speeks to you in japanese, no matter how obviouse it is that you don't speak a word. in fact, the more confused you look, the more japanese they say, and faster. and they give you a menu, all in kanji, and stand there politely smiling like you have a clue what any of it says.

so is there anything good about japan? well it's 10 hours close to thailand than california. just one more night to go and i'll be back in LOS.

lots of folks sticking up for Japan here, but are any of them IN Japan as the OP is?

I was there quite a number of years- but now I'm not. Don't regret having been there, and don't regret leaving either. :D:o And the prices for ANYthing really decent are ridiculous (desperate scrounging around dept. stores for samples notwithstanding).

"Steven"

Spent a fair amount of time in Sasabo. Yakuska, Kyoto and Yokohama as a US sailor in the early 70s.

Had real geisha girls, it was like a dream, especially for a 19 year old kid.

We used to go regularly to the public bath houses that were supposed to be off limits. Men on one side women on the other. It was a blast.

Liked it so much I wanted to move there.

I thought Japanese girls were the best until I was "exposed" to Thai girls.

Aroy na? :o

Japanese, horrible little people, pushing there way around the place, they think they own everything, and look at there history in thailand, says it all.

i wouldn't say horrible little people. the japanese are mostly quite polite and the place sure is clean. but it's far harder to get around tokyo if you do not speak the language than BKK.

you really get the feeling that japan is for the japanese and foreigners are at best tolerated. i feel completly at home in thailand (recent attacks on farangs not withstanding).

i have no problem with japan or the japanese really, but at 2pm today i'll be on the narita express and at 11:30 tonight i should be hitting the Nana disco, and it only gets better from there!

thank budda (or your preferred deity) that we live in thailand, japan really sucks. i just had an average dinner at a so called italian restraunt and it cost me (ok, my company) 6400 yen, about $64 or 2700 baht!

a beer here is $8, coffee $5, it's re-god-dam-dickulous as john wayne would say.

ok, so there are millions of ultra cute japanese girls around, but they wouldn't give a gaijin the time of day.

and everyone speeks to you in japanese, no matter how obviouse it is that you don't speak a word. in fact, the more confused you look, the more japanese they say, and faster. and they give you a menu, all in kanji, and stand there politely smiling like you have a clue what any of it says.

so is there anything good about japan? well it's 10 hours close to thailand than california. just one more night to go and i'll be back in LOS.

What did you expect? A bargain vacation? Give me and everyone else a good goddamn break

Well... Had dinner with one other person at the Italian restaurant in Soi 11 Sukhumvit. (Called Cello or sowething? Popular place, it was packed). Bill was over 2000 baht as well. That's just un-Thai. (Company paid of course, but still)

Cheers,

Chanchao

I'm in Japan right now on a 3 year stint and it's a fantastic place. Third time for me being here. First was 1979-1981, second was 1984-1987. Was also here in 1995 for six months. I love the place and picked it to come to for my final job prior to retiring and moving to Thailand. Have about 500 Japanese working under me and they are very hard working people and mostly honest. Used to party in previous tours and the ladies were fantastic...married one, but now have a Thai wife. If it wasn't for Japan...I wouldn't be so hooked on Thailand ! Only drawback to me for life in Japan is the cost of living. But the Japanese eye candy is delicious !

We used to go regularly to the public bath houses that were supposed to be off limits.  Men on one side women on the other.  It was a blast.

I've never been allowed in a mixed public bath house in a large city ... my tattoos restrict me to Yakuza bath houses.

I thought Japanese girls were the best until I was "exposed" to Thai girls.
If they have slanted eyes or brown skin (or both) then they're all good! :o

So true about the slant eyes but being entertained by a rea geisha or two is an experience of a life time... :D

i thought i had logged into the wrong site for a moment... is this now a japanese board? if so i got lots of stuff to post about sinful japan :o

i thought i had logged into the wrong site for a moment... is this now a japanese board? if so i got lots of stuff to post about sinful japan :o

Only one thread and you asked if it's become a Japanese board? Where's the logic in that?

i thought i had logged into the wrong site for a moment... is this now a japanese board? if so i got lots of stuff to post about sinful japan  :o

Only one thread and you asked if it's become a Japanese board? Where's the logic in that?

if i had the time & some brightly colored beads, i'd explain it to you.

i thought i had logged into the wrong site for a moment... is this now a japanese board? if so i got lots of stuff to post about sinful japan  :D

if i had the time & some brightly colored beads, i'd explain it to you.

I did refer compare the Jap girls to Thai girls in my first post.

SNAP OUT OF IT SOLDIER!!! :o:D:D

I am in Japan now, yes it is expensive. But you can party until dawn, which I have been doing. Instead of being thrown out at 1am, like a school kid. Thailand is great, but the night life in Tokyo is superior to that of Bangkok.

• 4 weeks later...

> lots of folks sticking up for Japan here, but are any of them IN Japan as the OP is?

I live in Tokyo, employed as a local hire, not an expat, for a large multinational computer company. Out of 800 people, I manage 42 system engineers.

Hard working and modest people.

However, after Japan Bangkok is as familiar and easy to navigate as Sydney downtown.