Internet P2p Port Blocking

ollylama

After a nice speedy few months downloading stuff with utorrent, and having no problem port forwarding, suddenly after using my router for ten minutes or so the speeds drop from 100kB to 20kB and when I check to see if my chosen utorrent port is forwarded, it no longer is. rebooting the router fixes the problem but only for another ten minutes or so.

anybody having the same problem? anyone know how to fix it?

After a nice speedy few months downloading stuff with utorrent, and having no problem port forwarding, suddenly after using my router for ten minutes or so the speeds drop from 100kB to 20kB and when I check to see if my chosen utorrent port is forwarded, it no longer is. rebooting the router fixes the problem but only for another ten minutes or so.

did you try opening another port without resetting the router? Having no problems with Hinet TT&T. Somehow http is a lot slower though for the last week or so.

perhaps a move to Usenext?

did you try opening another port without resetting the router? Having no problems with Hinet TT&T. Somehow http is a lot slower though for the last week or so.

perhaps a move to Usenext?

yes, tried that. only resetting the router will do. i just got about two hours of fast service, and the speed dropped again. port now blocked. is there some way they can do that? and some way to get around it?

I am now moving this to the Internet forum.

As an aside before it goes, I dropped into the large TOT center near Airport Plaza and complained about dropping P2P connects - They said they would sort the problem out. We'll see!