Mad American Tries To Start Conflagration.................

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: March 28th 2008

MAD AMERICAN TRIES TO START CONFLAGRATION IN PATTAYA CARPARK

A drunk, extremely distraught American caused deep concern to his neighbours at 00.45 am on March 28, 2008 by running out onto Pattaya 3Rd Road and randomly attacking passers by. He then returned and started pouring petrol on cars and motorbikes in his Champ Apartment car park, threatening to set them alight.

Pattaya Police responded quickly to a report from the concerned Champ Apartment caretaker, received by Pattaya investigator Lt.Col.Thitiphong Suktien. They arrived at the incident and found the tenant,Mr. Clarence Simms, (56), an American citizen, dressed in a black T-shirt and beige shorts, shouting boisterously and still pouring petrol on cars from a bottle he was holding.

Police attempted to subdue him and eventually managed to apply handcuffs. Mr. Clarence was still resisting and subsequently fell to the ground, sustaining an injury to his right eye, which started to bleed. He also had many scrapes all over his body. Police could not question him at this point as he was extremely intoxicated and incoherent, so after Sawang Boriboon had treated his wound, he was taken to Pattaya jail until he calmed down.

The caretaker of the apartment told Pattaya Police that Mr. Clarence has been a tenant for almost a year. Normally, Mr. Clarence had never caused any problems, or even been drunk before. However, on this occasion, the caretaker became alarmed when he saw Mr. Clarence going up to his room with a bottle of gasoline in his hand. The concerned caretaker tried to stop him, fearing Mr. Clarence would do something untoward.

Mr. Clarence didn't respond too well to being restrained, however, and rushed out onto Pattaya 3Rd Road in a temporarily insane manner, attacking passers by at random. Tiring of this pursuit, he then returned to the apartment car park and began dousing the cars and motorcycles with petrol.

Libya 115 says:

I hope that this moron is deported from Thailand and 'blacklisted' for life. By the sounds of it he might well have set the apartments on fire and caused multiple deaths.

I suggest that everyone takes a visit to the Pattaya Daily News website and take a good look at his face; because he might well be evicted from 'Champ' apartments and be moving into a place near YOU!

Yeah, agree think it's time this guy leave the land of smiles, he will give us all a bad wrap. On the other hand maybe it was just a one time fight with his girl friend and he handle it the wrong way, who knows. :D:o

Edited by BigSnake

dressed in a black T-shirt and beige shorts,

My God, where are the fashion police when you need them? I tell you the place is going to the dogs.

still resisting and subsequently fell to the ground, sustaining an injury to his right eye, which started to bleed. He also had many scrapes all over his body.

The old "resisting arrest" humbug still serves it's purpose doesn't it?

temporarily insane manner,

Glad to see that the caretaker is also a qualified psychiatrist or is this journalistic licence at work?

It is a shame that we'll probably never know what caused him to flip from a model tennant of nearly a year to a raving nutter.

It is a shame that we'll probably never know what caused him to flip from a model tennant of nearly a year to a raving nutter.

Unfortunately Pattaya can have this effect on some people, quite often the result of a number of different external stimuli.

I have witnessed a guy going nuts, losing the plot and walking out onto the middle of soi 8 with a big knife and proceeding to carve slabs of flesh off his body. It took nearly twenty locals to restrain this guy. They ended up having to beat the guy un-concious to protect him from himself.

What would cause somebody to do that? :o

I have witnessed a guy going nuts, losing the plot and walking out onto the middle of soi 8 with a big knife and proceeding to carve slabs of flesh off his body. It took nearly twenty locals to restrain this guy. They ended up having to beat the guy un-concious to protect him from himself.

What would cause somebody to do that? :o

A mixture of hot weather, lots of Chang, loss of life savings, loss of Thai girlfriend and Manyoo being knocked out of the cup.

The Pattaya city news site gives a rather more subdued story!

Apparently he managed to douse only 1 single motorbike as opposed of half a car park worth of vehicles, but did act in a threatening way to residents and passers by.

I have the feeling the daily news story is slightly exaggerated, especially considering the fact that the cops released the man when sobered up without registering even one charge.

I doubt they would let him off that easy if he actually acted as reported at the daily news!

The Pattaya city news site gives a rather more subdued story!

Apparently he managed to douse only 1 single motorbike as opposed of half a car park worth of vehicles, but did act in a threatening way to residents and passers by.

I have the feeling the daily news story is slightly exaggerated, especially considering the fact that the cops released the man when sobered up without registering even one charge.

I doubt they would let him off that easy if he actually acted as reported at the daily news!