Call Me Stupid But............

Right guys. I myself am looking to extend for a year being married to a Thai and we are both trying hard to reach the 40,000THB target per month that is required and then pay tax on it. (Which is all they want no matter what you hear). You show tax slips and your marriage documentation and you WILL get a 1 year visa.

But what mystifies me is when I hear to get a 1 year extension you need to show this, that , oh and this and that , oh and a work permit. Well you already get a 1 year extension with a work permit so why //edit// would you want an extension for a year. Call me stupid guys but that seems pretty //edit// dum to me.

Replies are welcome....... :o

Right guys. I myself am looking to extend for a year being married to a Thai and we are both trying hard to reach the 40,000THB target per month that is required and then pay tax on it. (Which is all they want no matter what you hear). You show tax slips and your marriage documentation and you WILL get a 1 year visa.

But what mystifies me is when I hear to get a 1 year extension you need to show this, that , oh and this and that , oh and a work permit. Well you already get a 1 year extension with a work permit so why //edit// would you want an extension for a year. Call me stupid guys but that seems pretty //edit// dum to me.

Replies are welcome....... :o

Just because you have a work permit does not guarantee you will get a extension of stay permit based on business. Different government arms…. Immigration and the Labor Dept. Many people qualify for a work permit but many as well do not qualify for an extension of stay based on business (annual audit showing higher gross income than the foreigner’s wages, etc)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

If your 1 year visa extension is based on working (work permit), you'll be given days to get out of the country once you quit the job and return the work permit.

With an O visa based on marriage, there is no requirement to work if you have adequate income. However, if you do work, you can remain in the country once you quit the job.

If your qualifying income was based on the work, you can stay in the country until the visa extension expires, but then you will have to use other means to satisfy the 40k requirement, or your visa will not be extended.

This forum has a lot of information about this.