Heavy Police Presence Tonite

jonniebkk

Police seem to be out and about tonite everywhere and in big numbers. Especially big moto dragnet at the intersection of Bua Kaow and Soi Diana. Lots on Beach Road too. The past few weeks have not been to kind to foreign tourists and expats alike...I guess the word came down from on high to show a higher profile to deter the little miscreants.

Police seem to be out and about tonite everywhere and in big numbers. Especially big moto dragnet at the intersection of Bua Kaow and Soi Diana. Lots on Beach Road too. The past few weeks have not been to kind to foreign tourists and expats alike...I guess the word came down from on high to show a higher profile to deter the little miscreants.

Yes, police everywhere this evening; perhaps the string of murders of farang, the drunken arsonists and bottle breaking ladymen have urged on a 'Friday Night' purge. I cannot remember in the last 7 or 8 years seeing so many police in the 3rd Road and Soi Buakhaew area.

Lets hope they're pulling in the motorbike drivers that have been honest enough to buy a tax disc and have it prominently on display. ... Covering most of the number plate. [many of them] I had one of these scrape my car and then drive off at speed. Police said without my knowing the number there was nothing they could do....

Probably not a bad thing. Soi Bukhao is incredibly business these days, i have nearly ben run over a few times myself!. If the occasional prescence of PC Plod slows things down a bit, and gets rid of some of the idiots driving about i welcome it. I suspect a lot of motorbikes/scooters are rented to people who don't hold a bike licence in their own country.

I think the Bkk BIB are still in town.

Whenever you see these white latest model Toyota vans with blackened windows (isn't this supposed to be illegal? :o ), red police shield on the side and red police lights on top cruising around town, then you know our friendly local plod will have to shape up momentarily to impress their Bangkok brethren :D

They definitely raided a couple of soi 6 bars, with a few busted on lack of licenses etc...

They're probably more interested in the above, busting non helmet wearing motorbike drivers is hardly news making material! The odd yaba dealer is obviously more newsworthy, hence the quite thourough searching of the Thai motorbike drivers.

I hope the police presence will stay though, especially after 2nd of April, as we all know that the war on drugs will start again.

I recall clearly that the last major crackdown (instigated by a now ex-premier), hiked the prices of the local available happy pills by a substantial amount, and simultaneously a quite impressive rise in petty and not so petty crime was clearly noticeable. Happy pills needed to be funded somehow, it was for most users not really a reason to clean up, but rather a reason to start to find some extra income, at a level that could not be attained by regular honest jobs...

When the school holidays start in Thailand you will see a large number of police around and more check points when usual.

It happens allover Thailand. How do think that they can afford to send their kids to private school for the next term? post-59607-1206846918.gif

Ted.