Hsv Hamburg thread for Lotusbluete

Lotusbluete

My hometown HSV Hamburg only managed a draw again yesterday against Bielefeld. How can they ever become German Champion if they not manage to win again. And again a red card, this time Jarolim. Last week already one yellow/red and one red.

Bayern Munich is given the Championship on a "silver plate". Bremen, Leverkusen lost, Schalke only draw. Any HSV fans out there disappointed same like me?

Yeah welcome Lotusbluete.

It's nice to get discussion of another foreign team. Instead of just Celtic and Rangers :o

Sorry JS, couldn't resist.

You forgot to mention Arsenal and Chelski as well :D

After the 1:0 defeat against Stuttgart on Saturday and Bayern Munichs 3:1 win with 10 players against Bochum on Sunday, the chances for the German Championship have all but faded away. 10 points behind league leader Bayern and only 7 more league matches to play seems to be impossible to achieve.

Hope Hamburg at least qualifies for the Champions League. But Schalke and Wolfsburg just have a "run".

Hello,

i am from hamburg myself, pretty gutted about the loss in stuttgart, i thought they were the better team and deserved at least a draw.

well, looks like they will be fighting for that champions-league spot until the last game of the season.

regards

Timo

not a shame to lose against the mighty mighty Schwaben-Bombers from Stuttgart :o . they - same as last year - come from behind..... see them again in the CL 2008/2009 (hopefully more successful then.... :D )

Edited by THAILIBAN

Moin, Moin Timo,

it's so funny, our mother tongue should be "Plattdeutsch" but we correspond in English. Anyway.

I live at present in Patong Beach, Phuket. But in Hamburg I grew up near the old HSV Stadium on Rothenbaum. Always watched these friendlies betweeen HSV and St. Pauli. I think it must have been around Christmas. Was always freezing cold, but great atmosphere on "Tribuene Reitbahn" (I think that was the name of the seat).

I follow the situation in Hamburg by HA (Abendblatt) online and occasionally when the matches are shown by UBC (Sundays). And if the computer connection permits I hear the conference radio via DW Radio.

Yes, the next coach for Hamburg... I really have no idea. I have seen Klopp as commentator during the World Cup and he seems o.k. But am not 100 % convinced. But who else? Rutten, Matthaeus (ha, ha), no clue. And I regard these speculations as a waste of time. Beiersdorfer and the board of directors of HSV have to decide. But I think they should come up with a solution rather sooner than later. Maybe Maurinho? Maybe just tiny little bit expensive...

Tschues!

Lotus and Timo,

How many from the Bundesliga go through to the Champions League?

I have also heard a rumour that Croatia Team Coach, Slaven Bilic has been approached to take over Hamburg after Euro 2008. I think he would be a good signing, if it went through.

How refreshing to read a little bit about the HSV :o Was a big fan when I was Oberpfleger at Hagenbeck zoo,I met uns Uwe a couple of times after he retired, and when Netzer and Keegan played HSV was the best, but as an englishman living in Australia and Thailand, there is only 1 team Schalke :D Nignoy

Moin, Moin Timo,

it's so funny, our mother tongue should be "Plattdeutsch" but we correspond in English. Anyway.

vee are not allowed to yoose ouer mozzer tonk hier Lotusblüte bekaus zere are not enuff modraitors hoo are able to tscheck vezzer vee yoose faul tchermann lankvitch vhitch iss agäinst zem forum rools :o

How refreshing to read a little bit about the HSV :o Was a big fan when I was Oberpfleger at Hagenbeck zoo,I met uns Uwe a couple of times after he retired, and when Netzer and Keegan played HSV was the best, but as an englishman living in Australia and Thailand, there is only 1 team Schalke :D Nignoy

The football forum is for lovers of the beautiful game. No matter where you are from . That means football(soccer for the Yanks and Ozzies) from all over the world and not just the British game.

Hello Lotusbluete and all the rest,

slaven bilic, recently renewed his contract with the national team, so he wont be our next manager. Looks like we are all in for a surprise. The first two in the german league automaticially go to the champions-leaugue, the third will play a qualifier.

I live in bangkok and fortunately have a fast internet connection, so i can watch all hamburg games live, online.

Well, we can only hope that HSV beats the bootom table Duisburg on saturday to reclaim 2nd place.

hummel hummel

timo

Hi Timo and all others,

good that there are a few HSV fans out there, except you Nignoy. Oberpfleger at Hagenbeck, that's a job for an Englishman!

But let's get back to the actual HSV situation. Timo, what do you mean that you watch all Hamburg games live. Do you have Premiere here in Thailand?

I hope that Juan Pablo Sorin may be a bit of a help today against lowly Duisburg. He seems to be fit (at least for one half) and as former captain of the Argentine national team he should have enough experience.

See ya' all on Monday. Have to play Songkran tomorrow.

Tschues!

Hi Timo and all others,

good that there are a few HSV fans out there, except you Nignoy. Oberpfleger at Hagenbeck, that's a job for an Englishman! :D This englishman ended up as the first Zoo controller or Inspector in Germany and my training textbooks are guide lines for the trade in Germany,But the HSV still Sucks :o Nignoy

But let's get back to the actual HSV situation. Timo, what do you mean that you watch all Hamburg games live. Do you have Premiere here in Thailand?

I hope that Juan Pablo Sorin may be a bit of a help today against lowly Duisburg. He seems to be fit (at least for one half) and as former captain of the Argentine national team he should have enough experience.

See ya' all on Monday. Have to play Songkran tomorrow.

Tschues!

Hallo Timo and Nignoy and all others,

Nignoy, do you know where Schalke is? That is “Ruhrpott”, that is South of the Elbe river, that is…I hardly can spell it, that is nearby B-A-Y-E-R-N (at least for a North German!)

“Dat war wohl nix” (Sorry, sorry Super-Moderator Naam, I think I have to buy a new computer that really only writes in English! But I am sooo frustrated.). A defeat against Duisburg. They did not win in Hamburg since 14 years and were last in the table.

Let’s summarize: HSV out of German Cup, out of UEFA Cup, out of German Championship, most probably out of qualification for Champions League, maybe out of qualifying for UEFA Cup. Folks, you know where that ends??? Qualifying for the UI Cup. Imagine, again UI Cup. HSV would be back to square one after this season.

I feel very sorry for the ambitious trainer Stevens. Without him the HSV would have played on Friday against St. Pauli. If you know what I mean.

But Stevens can – in a way – sit back and relax. I know he won’t. But – I am not 100 percent sure – isn’t his new club, the PSV Eindhoven, on its best way to become Dutch Champion?

And tomorrow against almighty Hertha BSC. And without van der Vaart and Atouba.

UI Cup, HSV is coming…

Hallo Timo and Nignoy and all others,

Nignoy, do you know where Schalke is? That is “Ruhrpott”, that is South of the Elbe river, that is…I hardly can spell it, that is nearby B-A-Y-E-R-N (at least for a North German!)

:o:D :D

Saying schalke is near Munchen is like saying The HSV is near Werder Bremen :D ,there used to be an old german saying , someone who has no trade qualifications can always be a pub landlord!! but in lower saxony they changed the saying to, no trade qualifications be a trainer with the HSV :o Hummel, Hummel. Nignoy

Saying schalke is near Munchen is like saying The HSV is near Werder Bremen :D ,there used to be an old german saying , someone who has no trade qualifications can always be a pub landlord!! but in lower saxony they changed the saying to, no trade qualifications be a trainer with the HSV :o Hummel, Hummel. Nignoy

"Wer nix wird wird Wirt" is the saying Nignoy. by ze vay, vee zouzern tchermanns ollvayz admired zem norzerners, in fackt vee envie zem bekos ze creator gave zem oll ze intellitchence vhich vee in ze zouz lack. butt zenn... sutch iss life :D

Hallo Nignoy, Naam and Jockstar,

Nignoy, just help me to refresh my memory a bit, who is the present coach of Schalke?

And yes, I have to admit that the HSV conceded a goal against Duisburg. But Nignoy, just help me to remember the result of last weekend’s match between Bremen and Schalke. Did Schalke also concede just one goal or were there some more???

I don’t understand, why are you Schalke fan these days. Did you ever work in the Ruhr Zoo in Gelsenkirchen or did you ever meet Stan Libuda? What made you change your mind?

And maybe after you refreshed my memory I can refresh you memory as well. You cite there some sayings from Lower Saxony regarding the trainer in Hamburg. Just may I remind you who was trainer in Schalke from 1996 to 2002? You remember!? I think no further comment necessary.

And Jockstar, yes I know YOU are the Super-Moderator. But I just wanted to give Naam a little appreciation for all the excellent words he contributes to my favorite team.

But folks (and Timo!), let’s get back to the subject of this thread, the situation around the HSV. I just heard the rumor that Gerard Houllier might be the new Hamburg coach. That would be excellent. But still waiting for confirmation.

Good luck HSV today in Berlin!

And Jockstar, yes I know YOU are the Super-Moderator. But I just wanted to give Naam a little appreciation for all the excellent words he contributes to my favorite team.

I know mate. But i was only laughing at the statement. :o

Hallo Nignoy, Naam and Jockstar,

Nignoy, just help me to refresh my memory a bit, who is the present coach of Schalke?

And yes, I have to admit that the HSV conceded a goal against Duisburg. But Nignoy, just help me to remember the result of last weekend’s match between Bremen and Schalke. Did Schalke also concede just one goal or were there some more???

I don’t understand, why are you Schalke fan these days. Did you ever work in the Ruhr Zoo in Gelsenkirchen or did you ever meet Stan Libuda? What made you change your mind?

And maybe after you refreshed my memory I can refresh you memory as well. You cite there some sayings from Lower Saxony regarding the trainer in Hamburg. Just may I remind you who was trainer in Schalke from 1996 to 2002? You remember!? I think no further comment necessary.

But folks (and Timo!), let’s get back to the subject of this thread, the situation around the HSV. I just heard the rumor that Gerard Houllier might be the new Hamburg coach. That would be excellent. But still waiting for confirmation.

Good luck HSV today in Berlin!

Yes I did have occasion to work at the ruhr zoo , I met Stan and Klaus Fischer a couple of times, I used to enjoy my football anywhere in germany , I was hoping to have posted a couple of photo,s in this thread , that were taken in Munich myself with Gerd Muller, Uli Hoeness and the Meier Sepp, but the grandson has not sent them back :o Nignoy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

yes, yes, yes, Nignoy, I slowly start to understand why you are such a Schalke fan. What a defeat against Schalke!

From my point of view the HSV has just one problem... THE TRAINER. Everybody, the spectators, the players and the trainer himself, knows that he is - to use an expression from the American politics - a "lame duck". He will leave the club by end this season and with that in mind Stevens own motivation and his motivation abilities have gone. He himself might be with half his mind at the bedside of his sick wife (may she be better soon!) and with the other half he is with his new team, Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven. Never forget, Stevens will play with Eindhoven in the Champions League next season!

And his Hamburg players know this quite well. See a player like Kompany. In the winter break named "Player of the year" in Belgium, and a few months later in Hamburg even suspended from training. And how about van der Vaart? Will he stay, will he leave the club? Still not decided yet. How about the new trainer? Nothing new to my knowledge. Schalke named its new coach (Rutten) within a few days, Bayern named Klinsmann within a few hours! And Hamburg? Looking, searching, evaluating.

I think the manager (Beiersdorfer) has to make some fast decisions now. Otherwise Hamburg will really be Champions in the UI Cup...

Hello all,

i have not been saying much on this thread lately, due to the fact that i was speechless. I still am.

What a defeat against Sch....alke.

At least stuttgart and leverkusen did not win, so the uefa- cup is still in reach, but in the current form..... i doubt it.

I believe now it doesnt really matter anymore, when the new manager is annouced, its too late already, just let it be a good one. The problem is, he doesnt have the time and the money to build up HIS team.

Thats all for me today.

p.s Lotusbluete...there is a way to watch all games online, you only need a good internet connection and some software. pm me for info.

regards

Timo