Those Huge Outdoor Garden Themed Restaurants

Amyji

There was a road that intersected with Nawamin Road out at the Kanna Yao area on the outskirts of Bangkok. That road heads northwest and eventually intersects with Pahonyothin Road. Anyway, that large road had many of those garden style restaurants for miles. One even had a huge ship as part of its theme. I've been to a couple of them and they are so much fun! I'm just beating my head against the wall trying to think of the name of that road they are all on. Anybody got a map handy?

Amy

i dont know the kanna yao area, but the only major road that intersects with nawamin (sukaphiban 1) that i can think of is ratchadapisek.

this road intersects near pahonyothin police station, but this is in the chatuchak / lat praw area.

i assume you have your bearings correct, are you sure it wasnt ram intra?

There were a bunch on Ratchadapisek Road after crossing Rama IX (near TRUE building are some) but many have closed as more permanate building has taken place on that road. At one time the largest such restaurant in the world was located where Carrefoure/HomePro are now. The subway now travels that road.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can find plenty of those restaurants around the Ekkamai-Ramintra Expressway road. Kaset-Nawamin also has loads. If you need a map, let me know I can draw you one. Waterside on Ekkamai-Ramintra is pretty good. One of my favorites restaurants for Thai food. It's really big also and the atmosphere is pretty chill.

There was a road that intersected with Nawamin Road out at the Kanna Yao area on the outskirts of Bangkok. That road heads northwest and eventually intersects with Pahonyothin Road. Anyway, that large road had many of those garden style restaurants for miles. One even had a huge ship as part of its theme. I've been to a couple of them and they are so much fun! I'm just beating my head against the wall trying to think of the name of that road they are all on. Anybody got a map handy?

Amy

Could it be Kaset-Nawamin Rd. ?

Lannarebirth is absolutely correct. These restaurants are indeed on Kaset Nawamin Road, just before the Ram Indra expressway. The huge ship restaurant is called "The Immortal." Other similar and well known restaurants within a stone's throw of this one are "Yes Indeed" and "Gotcha". Gotcha features coyote girl shows. There are probably 8 or 10 more huge places between here and Kasetsart.

Waterside on Ekkamai-Ramintra is pretty good.

I concur 100%! Great food and atmosphere here- just around the corner from all of the above restaurants. Waterside would be my choice of the bunch.

All your replies have been extremely helpful! I remember Gotcha! and I think I even ate there once. I always wanted to try that ship restaurant, The Immortal. Thanks for letting me know the name because I believe the restaurant's sign is in Thai only. My family will be coming to Bangkok again this November (three years since we lived in BKK!) and taking my son, who will be 3 1/2 years old by then, should have a roaring good time at one of these garden restaurants.

Speaking of which, any of them especially good for little kids?

Amy