Good Places To Get A Piercing?

Mirka

I think Mirka that you should wait till you get back to Finland and get it done there. That will give you the opportunity to reconsider and also not have to worry about HIV/AIDs etc. "I guess that a few people in Finland are infected but nowhere on the scale of here in the realm"

Maybe check the threads about tattooing, there were decent shops listed, and I rarely see a tattoo shop w/o a piercer.

Don't listen to em, I had a few piercings, the great thing is that when you tire of them or it's time to get out and get a real job, they all come out and close up (unless you get dinner plates...)

Amexpat: You mean body modification? look up bmezine.com and the bmezine pain Olympics... People do things to their genitals that make becoming a ladyboy using a pickax and a rabid weasel look like a pleasant experience...

Even have two brothers who cut off one arm and sewed it onto the pec of the other one...

Amexpat: You mean body modification? look up bmezine.com and the bmezine pain Olympics... People do things to their genitals that make becoming a ladyboy using a pickax and a rabid weasel look like a pleasant experience...

Even have two brothers who cut off one arm and sewed it onto the pec of the other one...

soundslike.jpg

Saw a guy who had his pecker done into a green dragon..yep a green complete with scales and wings....Scary.. poor pooying that picked him up..she'd FREAK!!

Amazing...

But hey..to each his own, If it makes ya happy.

I like the ink, but not the modifications and stickings...

Crazy world. Gotta love being in it. :o

I would wait until you get back to Europe as another poster suggested. My lady friend from BKK came to visit a couple of months ago and while here she went to see the "best" (according to her Thai sources) tattoo artist in Chiang Mai in order to get a tattoo. I accompanied her for a few minutes on her first appointment. I was absolutely shocked at the lack of hygiene in the tattoo parlor!

I had my ear piercings done in Europe in a parlor that resembled a modern medical clinic with Ministry of Health inspection documents displayed on the wall as well as the license of each piercing and/or tattoo artist, nurse, and the medical doctor who supervised the place. It was a professional operation and my life was not at risk. I was even required to complete and sign a form asking if I was diabetic, etc. as well as being instructed to return in 72 hours to be examined by the nurse for signs of infection.

Is it worth the possibility of infection (including HIV/AIDS) to get this done here or can't you wait to get to Europe? Up to you. If you must get this done here, I suggest that you do your research, ask questions, and observe how the instruments and rings are stored. Do they have a sterilizer there to sterilize the instruments (plier and tweezer like instruments) after each customer has been pierced? Are the needles surgical grade, sterile, and disposable (new)? Are the rings made of surgical steel, titanium, etc.? Do they use disinfectant? Which one? Surgical gloves? Are the counters, floors, etc. cleaned with Sodium Hypochlorite/Calcium Hypochlorite solution every day? How much experience does the piercing artist have?

Edited by elektrified