Does Marrying A Thai Make It Easy To Stay?

If you marry a thai does that make it any easier to stay for good in Thailand? What are the requirements etc?

I make money on the internet though...

It does make it slightly easier yes. If you are married you are entitled to a non O visa of which yuo have to apply for outside of Thailand. Depending on your finances. You will get either a 3 month or a 12 month visa. With the 12 month you still have to leave every 90 days to the border and come back.

There are many threads on this visa if you look through them.

I hope you're not going to marry just so as you can stay in the country!!

Hey Big A. I know somone who did it. He paid her and never heard anything else again. Keeps getting his visa renewed. Pathetic granted and rather desperate. But when you think of it all you actually need in most embassied/consulates world wide is your passport and marriage documents.

Not suggesting you do this whoever posted this just stating what I heard off one ex pat last year. I just looked in amazement when he told me.

I hope you're not going to marry just so as you can stay in the country!!

Hey Big A. I know somone who did it. He paid her and never heard anything else again. Keeps getting his visa renewed. Pathetic granted and rather desperate. But when you think of it all you actually need in most embassied/consulates world wide is your passport and marriage documents.

This doesn't only happen in Thailand

If you marry a thai does that make it any easier to stay for good in Thailand? What are the requirements etc?

I make money on the internet though...

It makes only sense if you live in real together, a fake marry is not advisable and will bring you in trouble sooner as you can think

Edited by Mentors

If you marry a thai does that make it any easier to stay for good in Thailand? ...
... Keeps getting his visa renewed. Pathetic granted and rather desperate. But when you think of it all you actually need in most embassied/consulates world wide is your passport and marriage documents...

Not really related posts, actually! --- While the opening post ask about staying in Thailand for good, the latter post answers about leaving Thailand every 3 months in the hope of getting another permit to enter the country and stay 3 months before having to leave again.

Soon many posters will tell you that marrying a thai will make it virtually impossible to leave the country due to the fact that you will have no money left to purchase a ticket back home. And if you came with a round trip ticket, your spouse will find a way to sell whats left of it.