Wild Crocodiles In Thailand - Seen In Kao Yai

Richb2004v2

MrPaddy.. i can assure you that the croc in Khao Yai is a hybridised Siamese. There are hundreds if not thousands of these in farms across Thailand. Whether it escaped or was released (by some canny Thai guide who thought hey, there's money to be made here by taking tourists to see a 'wild crocodile in Thailand' :o ) is another question...

• 1 year later...

If you want to see some real croc's come to far north Queensland, they are plentiful in the wild - an amazing sight

001.jpg

The even surf the beaches :D

002.jpg

003.jpg

The crocs are getting smart - they have conquered the art of flight :)

004.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wild siamese crocodiles continue to live in the Cardamom Mountains in Cambodia, though hydroelectric dam development threatens their existence on the planet. I think they might try to relocate them. I would be surprised if the ones in Khao Yai were siamese crocs or just normal freshies from somewhere else. They should move the cambodian ones to khao yai!

Unfortunately any crocs you see will 99.999% be hybrid or close to pure bred Australian saltys. Farmed in preference because of their size.

damned dangerous and tehy should be eradicated before they present a problem.

There have been many escapes a famous one from Pataya and many crocs still remain at large. Swim in at your own risk.

A few days after the tsunami a 3 meter + croc was found on Koh Phayam off the coast of Ranong. The local witch doctor jumped in the swamp and captured it on his own. Apparently it's now living life as a tourist attraction at the 'doctors' bungalow setup.

I have a few pics somewhere, I will dig them out when I get a chance.

3 years ago in October a few kms outside Nakhonsawan there were one or two crocs around and about during the floods with people saying they were near the houses that had a metre of flood water in them.

I'll admit I never saw one but had no reason to disbelieve those who told me.

I have been to a place called Rannong, There are lots of bogs and water marshes, it is not far from Burma, The locals told me that there are a few crocks about , and not to go swimming in the lakes , how true it was I don't know but I did listen . and i am still around , :) I think

This photo was taken in Khao Yai a month ago. Looks uncannily like a croc to me.

No need for any guide, we just walked along one of the trails by the river - the short 3km trail that leads to 'The Beach' waterfall. The cros was in the river and then came out onto the opposite bank.

post-56770-1207272739_thumb.jpg

If you look carefully, there's a "dodo bird" about a metre to the left of the crocs tail. :)