Evaluate My Photo.

spellboundXY

greetings hello :o

i took this picture late afternoon, sometime 5.30. the kid holding the ball is facing towards the sun.

using d80; 18-135 @ 66mm; iso400; f/5.6, shutter 1/250; aperture priority;

i handheld the camera and took the shot in less than 5 seconds and was about 8 meters away from them.

this is a cropped image, did some trial and error with curves, levels and highlights and shadows.

the original image is quite dark, so i just did some simple processing to lighten the image.

i really love to take shots at everyday simple things, about people and places, just around the neighborhood. so nothing so grand for now. i hope you'll enjoy.

you may do as you please.

:D

thanks so much.

post-42285-1207322080_thumb.jpg

i took this picture late afternoon, sometime 5.30. the kid holding the ball is facing towards the sun.

i handheld the camera and took the shot in less than 5 seconds and was about 8 meters away from them.

this is a cropped image, did some trial and error with curves, levels and highlights and shadows.

the original image is quite dark, so i just did some simple processing to lighten the image.

i really love to take shots at everyday simple things, about people and places, just around the neighborhood. so nothing so grand for now. i hope you'll enjoy.

thanks so much.

okey, it seems theres something wrong with ur white balance, it looks yellowish, I believe you took this pic in JPEG format and not raw. Or it might be overdoing in saturation levels (the yellow one). The composition is okey, though you should have taken many angles so that you can get that more dramatic composition.

thanks so much.

okey, it seems theres something wrong with ur white balance, it looks yellowish, I believe you took this pic in JPEG format and not raw. Or it might be overdoing in saturation levels (the yellow one). The composition is okey, though you should have taken many angles so that you can get that more dramatic composition.

yes. i usually attack the white balance. in this image i move the temperature much more higher + to the yellow and the tint more - to the green.

yes it was on jpeg. and i guess am a bit over-excited to saturate it more than normal.

when i took the image i just stood in the corner coz i was a bit shy and uncomforable feeling they might not like me taking photos of them.

thanks wanderer9020