Is It Legal To Work Remotely While In Thailand

If I came to Thailand on a Non Imm Education visa but continued to telecommute to my job in the USA would this be legal? I would think so since I'm not really working in Thailand and would still be paying US taxes if I did this.

If I came to Thailand on a Non Imm Education visa but continued to telecommute to my job in the USA would this be legal? I would think so since I'm not really working in Thailand and would still be paying US taxes if I did this.

Yes it is fine.

In the future if you marry a Thai. And if getting over 40 K Thai Baht per month and have tax records and a Thai bank account you can get the Non O visa.

If you are doing any business with Thai people or a company in Thai or Exporting you would Be breaking some laws and would need a work permit and the right visa.

More or less if your work in the States and wages are there. Just keep it on the down-low and study hard

Peace

Edited by bkkblueeyes

As Brit notes ^^ stay under the radar and you'll be fine.

Technically, you are working and therefore require a work permit. Unfortunately the Thai labour/immigration system does not have a vehicle to support this MO without going to the expense of setting up a company, which of course nobody in their right mind would do for a bit of telecommuting.