Irish Bar

binnsy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This place had a opening soon up for a fair while but when is going to start selling beer??

I spoke to the owners earlier this year, whilst they were still doing the internal fit out. Then, the place was to open in 2 weeks time.

The "opening soon" sign has been up for at least 3 weeks that I know of. I am going past there today, so may call in for an update.

The internal / external renovations look really good.

Also, where is the new French Restaurant that has opened in Buriram, it is called Vinyl ?, a french guys Wife from next village to us has opened it, also where is the new irsh bar, is it going to be another white elephant ?, as most of the places do not get ran properley and fail.

Edited by Thaicoon

Kind Sirs

Whether opening soon or not, please tell us where it is. Isan is big !

Thank you Iambabababor. After reading Thai Chi's reply to the OP I thought there was something wrong with me/my computer. So to the OP, just where is the location of the Irish Pub that you are talking about. :o

Kind Sirs

OK...Paddys Irish Bar (no joke, thats the name of it) is in Buriram. It is situated in a long row of shop houses alongside the new lake development. That is, between Thanon Nakhon and Thanon I-san streets. About 350 mtrs up from the day market.

I did call in there today, but the place was closed up. A peek through the window revealed work in progress (tools / wood / etc) around the bar area. So I doubt if the "opening soon" sign still applies. But TIT and you just never know.

I wish him good luck in this venture, as well as the other French - Thai bar come eatery further along the same road that Thaicoon mentioned.

Kind Sirs

OK...Paddys Irish Bar (no joke, thats the name of it) is in Buriram. It is situated in a long row of shop houses alongside the new lake development. That is, between Thanon Nakhon and Thanon I-san streets. About 350 mtrs up from the day market.

I did call in there today, but the place was closed up. A peek through the window revealed work in progress (tools / wood / etc) around the bar area. So I doubt if the "opening soon" sign still applies. But TIT and you just never know.

I wish him good luck in this venture, as well as the other French - Thai bar come eatery further along the same road that Thaicoon mentioned.

I know now where it is, i looked at these places, all to lease so was not interested, trouble with lease propertys in Buriram, once you are doing ok, they start sticking the rent up, this is what has happened in the Bamboo with the guy, David, who started the place, also you are doing up a blank canvas for the thai-chinese owners, better off if you can, to buy freehold, wish them both good luck.

Wife and i have quite a big venture hopefully this year, just outside buriram.

Kind Sirs

I know now where it is, i looked at these places, all to lease so was not interested, trouble with lease propertys in Buriram, once you are doing ok, they start sticking the rent up, better off if you can, to buy freehold, wish them both good luck.

This whole row of shop houses where for sale prior to and when under construction. A couple where earmarked for freinds of the developers. At the time of completion they where selling for approx. 1 mill baht. The few that are still for sale (resale) are 2+ million baht.

The Irish bar is renting at the momment, with an option to buy later. I have no idea what is going on with the French / Thai place as far as ownership etc etc.

I am slightly pissed off that at the time these places where available, my wife and I had just started building a house just outside the Buriram CBD.

Although I am happy to report, that my wife did pick up some $$$$$$ as she owns some of the land behind this developement (something to do with access)

I Looked at these and was told most were for lease, also looked by the night market most of those were lease and the two that were for sale at a stupid price were out of the way, you would only pass them if you were driving from the market, also looked at a place by speed, next to the old tropicana, that was for sale at a 25 million baht price tag, the property prices now in Buriram are crazy, it just shows it is an up and coming city, i once bought two townhouses on jira road 8 years ago, for 300,000 baht a peice, we sold them a year later for 700,000 we bought these off the bank, wish now i had sat on them.

Wife and i have now decided to custom build our venture to my design, as i think it will be a better option and give us more scope for development, i was thinking of doing this in Pattaya, but been a country boy, i like Buriram to much.

Kind Sirs

Thank you Iambabababor. After reading Thai Chi's reply to the OP I thought there was something wrong with me/my computer. So to the OP, just where is the location of the Irish Pub that you are talking about. :D

UPDATE

The Irish bar called Paddys Irish Pub looks nearing completion but is locked up, it is owned by a German Guy :D who has obviously put a fair few baht into it. However, rumour has it that it can't get a licence to sell beer as it is within X amount of meters of a Wat :o

Now a pub with no beer, that is a new concept!!! Maybe not enough tea money changed hands? Anyway, surely if it is German owned it should be Hermans bierkeller?

On a more positive note the Thai/French restaurant called Vinyl is on the verge of opening, it is 100 meters up from the Irish pub and is at 90/62-63 Anuwat Street, Buriram.

The French guy who owns it has obviously put a lot of cash and effort into it and it looks the part i.e. a professional restaurant, I am told that he was a chef back in Europe, so that bodes well.

The name comes from it's music collection and it has a lot of Hard Rock Cafe type memorabilia, so expect a musical ambiance. So get out those Gary Glitter platforms and the Bay City roller scarfs in anticipation, myself I will settle for erotic thoughts involving Vanessa Paradis :D

It will open around 22/25th this month all being well and is open 7.30-24.00

TBWG :D

There is also an Irish Pub due to open anytime now in Prakhonchai

The Shamrock, like the one in Buriram, is also owned by a German. It is situate close to the bus station, directly opposite a large plot used to sell flowers, plants and trees. Shouldn't be any problems re licences as the building was previously occupied and run as a karaoke.

I have heard this before, you cannot sell beer so many metres away from a temple, anyone know the precise distance in metres, i think martin at the ferrang connection had this problem, where i am opening there is a temple just up the road, wife has told me this rule is only within city limits. it does not apply outsibe the city boundary, i am going to get my brother in law also to enquire.

TBWG.

I know the french guy, lives in the next village, you can see his place from mine over the paddy fields. he is only a young guy in his late 20s. good luck to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music memorabillia, i have over 30 signed guitars to put in my place, and over 500 signed peices of sports Memorabillia, 150 inch screen for live sports, we hope to start this year, we are calling it the Buriram Allstars Bar and resort, www.buriramAllstarsBar.com, under construction, it is only a couple of clicks out of town, we are custom building this place with about 5 to 10 3 bedroom bungalows, a big bar with snooker/pool and restaurant, and live music in a 9 rai site, with kids play area and fishing lake etc, bikers will be welcome and also camping facilities on site, having replica racing bikes and f1 memorabillia on display. and life size figures of sports celebrities. all the items are here n the uk ready to be shipped.

I was going to open in town but think i will have more scope doing it this way.

Edited by Thaicoon

Whilst it is not permissible to sell alcohol within a designated distance of a Wat, why is it that when Wats have one of their regular fund raisers (surely they have more than enough already!); which often include boxing, likkae and scantily clad dancing girls, local entrepreneurs are permitted to set up stalls within the Wat grounds selling beer and whisky?

One law for one and another for everyone else!

Bring it on, Isan can use another watering hole. Now where(?) :D

It has just crossed my mind ...should I ever decide to open an eating establishment I would have to call it The Farang Furter

Although I am at a loss as to what to serve up...any ideas. Maybe fish & chips :o

Now a pub with no beer, that is a new concept!!!

EERRRRRRRRRRR.......I assure you it's not

Hmmm ...Yes I stand corrected, another first for Farang Connection!

My spies tell me The "Surindaloo" is about to hit the Indian Menu. Sounds interesting :o

My spies tell me The "Surindaloo" is about to hit the Indian Menu. Sounds interesting :o

NEVER TRUST A SPY! (They taste sh*t anyway) :D:D

Thanks for a loverly afternoon with the family, see you soon

:D

SMWG

SMWG

But the Surindaloo, and the piffed up Martindaloo tastes good :D:D

SMWG

But the Surindaloo, and the piffed up Martindaloo tastes good :DB)

Hi

Think i'll pass on the Martindaloo bound to be past its best and tough as old boots!

Music memorabillia, i have over 30 signed guitars to put in my place, and over 500 signed peices of sports Memorabillia, 150 inch screen for live sports, we hope to start this year, we are calling it the Buriram Allstars Bar and resort, www.buriramAllstarsBar.com, under construction, it is only a couple of clicks out of town, we are custom building this place with about 5 to 10 3 bedroom bungalows, a big bar with snooker/pool and restaurant, and live music in a 9 rai site, with kids play area and fishing lake etc, bikers will be welcome and also camping facilities on site, having replica racing bikes and f1 memorabillia on display. and life size figures of sports celebrities. all the items are here n the uk ready to be shipped.

I was going to open in town but think i will have more scope doing it this way.

Hope for an invitation in due time :o

I really wish someone would open up a Air Con pub in Khon Kaen, 30 minutes in any of the pubs here i am soaking wet with sweat, and the yuung's have eaten me alive.....

Kiwi cafe on the lake side has aircon and a good range of beers

I really wish someone would open up a Air Con pub in Khon Kaen, 30 minutes in any of the pubs here i am soaking wet with sweat, and the yuung's have eaten me alive.....

Kiwi cafe on the lake side has aircon and a good range of beers

I was in there last night, the wife went to the aerobics dance class at the lake, and i stopped in the Kiwi Cafe, good eats and the jim beam and coke was good as well..... :o

• 2 weeks later...
Kind Sirs

Thank you Iambabababor. After reading Thai Chi's reply to the OP I thought there was something wrong with me/my computer. So to the OP, just where is the location of the Irish Pub that you are talking about. :D

UPDATE

The Irish bar called Paddys Irish Pub looks nearing completion but is locked up, it is owned by a German Guy :D who has obviously put a fair few baht into it. However, rumour has it that it can't get a licence to sell beer as it is within X amount of meters of a Wat :o

Now a pub with no beer, that is a new concept!!! Maybe not enough tea money changed hands? Anyway, surely if it is German owned it should be Hermans bierkeller?

On a more positive note the Thai/French restaurant called Vinyl is on the verge of opening, it is 100 meters up from the Irish pub and is at 90/62-63 Anuwat Street, Buriram.

The French guy who owns it has obviously put a lot of cash and effort into it and it looks the part i.e. a professional restaurant, I am told that he was a chef back in Europe, so that bodes well.

The name comes from it's music collection and it has a lot of Hard Rock Cafe type memorabilia, so expect a musical ambiance. So get out those Gary Glitter platforms and the Bay City roller scarfs in anticipation, myself I will settle for erotic thoughts involving Vanessa Paradis :D

Update Mk2

Drove past both establishments a couple of days ago and both have signs up saying opening soon. Whilst nothing seems to have changed at the Irish Pub the Vinyl Cafe did look ready to go!

So I gave them a call (Vinyl that is) to be told that they will be opening end of next week, shame, not much use to me as I am back off to the wonderful UK :D within the week.

Still Bon Apetite to those of you still here.

So it seems.

Paddys Irish Bar has been locked up tighter than an Iowa trailer park in tornado season since before Songkran.

At least then there seemed to be a bit of work going on. Now it looks deserted. I hope it all gets sorted out as there was obviously a lot of $$$ put into it.

Lets hope that Murphy's Law is not at work here.

Nothing is as easy as it looks.

Everything takes longer than you expect.

And if anything can go wrong,

It will, at the worst possible moment. :o

Kind Sirs

UPDATE

Not so sure that the reference to Gary Glitter is appropriate given his history and connections with S E Asia?