Money To The Thai "family"

easer

What's so odd about a sick grandma, pregnant cat... Sht happens and Farangs have money. I have no problem helping the in-laws on occasion. I would do the same in my home country if my wife was American and her poor American family, needed some financial assistance.

In the last year my wife's had large medical bills and I broke my wrist. If I were poor, it would have been difficult to stay a float. Why are poor Thais any different? If you have the means to help your Thai GF's family, why not do it.

I do agree with posters that think it is a bad idea to support the in-laws on a monthly basis. This type of welfare hurts more than helps. We all have seen Thai families become dependent and lazy because of the monthly money they get from a farang(s).

My Thai in-laws work probably more now than prior to me coming into their life. They know I'll help with unexpected medical bills and pay for education, but it is up to them pay for life's basic necessities.

Good post SiamAmerican. :o

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's so odd about a sick grandma, pregnant cat... Sht happens and Farangs have money. I have no problem helping the in-laws on occasion. I would do the same in my home country if my wife was American and her poor American family, needed some financial assistance.

In the last year my wife's had large medical bills and I broke my wrist. If I were poor, it would have been difficult to stay a float. Why are poor Thais any different? If you have the means to help your Thai GF's family, why not do it.

I do agree with posters that think it is a bad idea to support the in-laws on a monthly basis. This type of welfare hurts more than helps. We all have seen Thai families become dependent and lazy because of the monthly money they get from a farang(s).

My Thai in-laws work probably more now than prior to me coming into their life. They know I'll help with unexpected medical bills and pay for education, but it is up to them pay for life's basic necessities.

This sums up my own opinion and situation. We still get some opportunistic requests for money from different relatives but my wife has become quite good at rejecting these applications and as a result they are few and far between now.

I think I would get the requests also if I didn't set the ground rules from the beginning. One of her sisters who likes to gamble is the only exception, but her attempts are futile. My wife comes from a big family of 9, but only three of her siblings have children. Providing for their medical needs and education is very manageable. I don't have any children of my own and find the act of giving to be quite satisfying.

Maigo 6

Well at last we have finally agreed on something. If someone cares to start another thread on Farang ripping off Farang, I may contribute some interesting stories as I am sure other readers could too.

Lioness, I think we have a future... :o

I think the OP may already have left the building so to speak, but still I'm puzzled why I think no one brought up yet the simple suggestion of introducing the friend to a 'better' girl & see if that would make him open his eyes?

For sure the OP with 19years of living here would know tonnes of single non bar girls desperate for a white young boy right?

Anyway as also already mentioned the deal the guy in question is currently getting is not that bad at all ~4-6k monthly for a prime Thai whore full time supposedly giving him the loving of his life??? He ain't gonna get many shags a month on soi cowboy for those kind of money!!!

I'm curious what exactly seem to be the problem with the arrangement unless of course the 5k to 6k raise is to be taken as the hagendaz boycott thread as unfair price increase LOL...

Happy new year :o

Fine if you work in Thailand and you're sorted or have made a sh_load of money somewhere else good luck to you, just don't pretend you have never been burned

If a guy has been through a messy divorce in UK or USA and been burnt, should Western women all be tarred with the same brush, does it make them all bad ?

Of course not, same goes for everywhere, people are people.

Deal with our own relationships and stay outta other peoples is my advice, let people make their own mistakes, they ain't kids, interfere and they won't like it at all.

Thank god. Finally a voice of reason.