Money To The Thai "family"

easer

What a bunch of moralistic clap-trap. The guy is in love and is probably having the most and best sex of his life. The vast majority of relationships end badly anyway, regardless. So just let him enjoy his life for a few minutes and help him get over it later, if need be.

She may just be the best he can do. It is not a perfect world where we can all find perfect partners. Just look at the statistics.

The guy is happy for now, it is the OP who has the problem.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can offer advice - you will not be thanked for doing so.

People must choose their own path in life and for their education they must pay - let us hope he pays not too much for his Thai "relationship" education.

I've just remembered somethink I need to post on the T shirt thread.....

I'm seeing something different here. I'm seeing your problem, not his. Your looking for a way to diminish your guilt. I know you want to be your brother's keeper and all, but trying to take the blame for others mistakes is a bit vain.

Just be a good friend and help him pick up the pieces when the time comes. No blame, no I told you so. Just be there if he needs a friend. People are responsible for their own actions not the actions of others.

Just my two cents worth.

Good post, i do agree with you and been thinking in these terms myself. It just feels like im not a very good friend just watching this happen, and not saying anything. Its true that he probably would´nt listen to me anyway, he is so deeply in love, but there will for sure come a time when he will either say "thanks for trying to wake me up", or he will say "why did you not tell me, after 19 years of Thailand im sure you saw right throught this?".

For sure i will be a good friend and help him pick up the peaces as you say, but still i will blame myself a bit for the peaces being there to pick up in the first place. :o

Some other posts i read commented on his salary (18000 baht) and my comment is that the lifestyle he had back home (always been low paid) is covered over here with 18 000. But payig 6000 to wifes parents is more or less meaning that he goes from a ok life to just getting by.

The question of her working is also something i agree on, but since he met her of course in a bar, its a given fact that he wanted her to quit. On the other hand she could be a mate, or a waitress, or something similar but she is just to lazy and he dont put pressure on her.

Anyway i read all the answers in the thread and i thank you guys for your advises, i dont know how i will end up doing but its nice to get other peoples oppinions and ideas. Thanks

/Easer

is it only me that can smell the b/s and troll. this man actualy earns 18kbt a month in farangland. like magio would say eff im . he deserves all thats comeing . if of course it can be believed. and i cant believe. sorry.

What a bunch of moralistic clap-trap. The guy is in love and is probably having the most and best sex of his life. The vast majority of relationships end badly anyway, regardless. So just let him enjoy his life for a few minutes and help him get over it later, if need be.

She may just be the best he can do. It is not a perfect world where we can all find perfect partners. Just look at the statistics.

The best sex! That's an assinie assumption. Most of the manipulative women I have met here do not rate very high in that department. However, they have much more polished emotional "blackmail" techniques.

The best sex! That's an assinie assumption. Most of the manipulative women I have met here do not rate very high in that department. However, they have much more polished emotional "blackmail" techniques.

That is "best for him" not "best" for someone of your vast experience and discerning nature.

She is obviously not the most manipulative of women if she is giving it away for a meager contribution to her parents. Many girls can make that much in one night.

I reckon the penny will drop sooner or later on your mate, when it does you can share your own concerns with him then.

Be prepared for the fact that he will probably keep going back to her until he is the mere shell of a man he once was though.

Also be prepared that you will turn into a permanent "Agony Aunt" for him once he has confided in you and he will agree with you but never take advice.

I reckon the penny will drop sooner or later on your mate, when it does you can share your own concerns with him then.

Be prepared for the fact that he will probably keep going back to her until he is the mere shell of a man he once was though.

Also be prepared that you will turn into a permanent "Agony Aunt" for him once he has confided in you and he will agree with you but never take advice.

Come on, it isn't all that bad. He will cry on his friends shoulder a little, get drunk a little and then he'll get back on the "horse" so to speak, with the help of his good buddy. Nineteen years of experience ought to be good for a hookup or two that will help him forget his pain. Then it will all start again...

You worked for a living, just tell them to get off of their fat ar$es and do the same.

Maybe we should take away the Welfare and Social Security systems in the western world, I wonder what the results would be ........... :o

Many Farangs act like they didn't know Thailand had poor people before they came here, would they go to Switzerland to look for a wife 35 years younger, No of course not, and why ?

Cos people can't take advantage of the poor in Switzerland, thats why!!! :D

But in less developed countries in SE Asia, the poor are ripe for financial exploitation, by Westerners and their own people too. Don't seem so surprised when the poor want a better life.

Take away all the Social Security and Welfare payments in out countries, and we would see old men with girlfriends 35 years younger than them in London too, and they would'nt have to be mega-rich either, just having a job would do.

Be realistic. :D

I believe the point is, that the family, including the girl, were physically capable and able to work and provide a living for themselves before this man showed up, and so you are not really comparing apples for apples concerning the Welfare systems of other countries are you? In those countries which have Welfare, for instance, potential recipients of such Welfare, must show that they are unable to provide for themselves? Well, this family, and this girl were able to provide for themselves until this sucker showed up. No? He's paying for this woman via her lazy family. No?

As to the aforegoing suggestions to leave him alone. I agree. He must have been aware of the way things are here with regard to Thai women before he came here? Or does your childhood friendship only extend to your very recent graduation from college? They're right you know, he won't thank you for it.

I'm seeing something different here. I'm seeing your problem, not his. Your looking for a way to diminish your guilt. I know you want to be your brother's keeper and all, but trying to take the blame for others mistakes is a bit vain.

Just be a good friend and help him pick up the pieces when the time comes. No blame, no I told you so. Just be there if he needs a friend. People are responsible for their own actions not the actions of others.

Just my two cents worth.

i agree, good advice

Why can't the girl pay this 'fee' herself? She can work, cant she?
Now this answer is more like it,. has he stopped her working as is sometimes the case to save her from the "industry ",.i too think that the daughter can find another job and support her family surely?,im sure she could earn 6000 baht a month waitressing ? .or has the great white farang knight rode up and saved the damsel in distress and told her " no more work for you !. if so then he must pay the rental,.",. Edited by mikethevigoman

Guys, you know what im talking about:

Guy meets girl. She "love him" and he loves her. They move in together and it turns out her parents dont work and dont have money. So, western as he is he thinks "lets open a buisness that they run and make their own money". Guy opens a western buisness and "mom and dad" dont give it the least bit try to make it happen. Buisness close. So, now guy pay mom and dad 5000/month for maintaining a life. Then guy makes more money and in order to be able to brag about it to girl he also needs to start paying 6000/month. Otherwise he turns out the asshol_e. In other words guy put himself in a possition where if he ever gets a raise its about "shut up or pay the raise to mom and dad". Stop pay and girl is out. Quick.

Now, guys, i need advise. What do i do. Seen this story one time to many and now a friend of mine is in the beginning of it. The "grandma in hospital", "cow is sick", "cat is pregnant" is coming on him and he just do have any clue because he is just flatered this lovely girl "loves" him as he also is deeply in love with her.

How do i do? Telling him i seen it before will probably ruin our friendship, saying nothing will also ruin our friendship in the long run because when he finds out i knew and did not say anything, i will be the asshol_e.

Nomatter how this thread seems, this is a serious issue for me and i would like it to be answered seriously. Please.

/Easer

Friends don't let friends marry gold digging hoes, no matter what country they are in. Tell him the truth, if he is cool with being the meal ticket for lazy parents that are so trifling as to pimp out their daughter rather than have a lil pride in owning their own business and making their own way. Then so be it. He apparently doesn't have the self esteem or self worth to deserve better.

If the guy finds a few months of happiness and it costs him 6,000 Baht a month for that happiness, who are you to try to tell him otherwise ?

At least he is happy at the moment, you could actually read a few of the threads on Thai related forums like this one and see all the miserable bitter unhappy Farangs in Thailand, how on earth you can get good advice from this lot heaven knows, look how happy they are!! Always bleedin' moaning. If they knew how to be happy, they wouldn't be so bleedin miserable would they? :o

So for 6000 per month his happiness is cheap. ( Hardly a kings ransom is it )

Leave the guy alone, he will not thank you for interfering, he is probably big enough to make his own decisions in life, so let it be.

Last thing you wanna do is listen to all the ' Experts' here, including me. :D

Let him be.

thats is a very limited way of thinking.

If the guy finds a few months of happiness and it costs him 6,000 Baht a month for that happiness, who are you to try to tell him otherwise ?

At least he is happy at the moment, you could actually read a few of the threads on Thai related forums like this one and see all the miserable bitter unhappy Farangs in Thailand, how on earth you can get good advice from this lot heaven knows, look how happy they are!! Always bleedin' moaning. If they knew how to be happy, they wouldn't be so bleedin miserable would they? :o

So for 6000 per month his happiness is cheap. ( Hardly a kings ransom is it )

Leave the guy alone, he will not thank you for interfering, he is probably big enough to make his own decisions in life, so let it be.

Last thing you wanna do is listen to all the ' Experts' here, including me. :D

Let him be.

thats is a very limited way of thinking.

im inclined to agree, i think he will end up a miserable sod if he isnt already ! :D

You worked for a living, just tell them to get off of their fat ar$es and do the same.

Maybe we should take away the Welfare and Social Security systems in the western world, I wonder what the results would be ........... :o

Many Farangs act like they didn't know Thailand had poor people before they came here, would they go to Switzerland to look for a wife 35 years younger, No of course not, and why ?

Cos people can't take advantage of the poor in Switzerland, thats why!!! :D

But in less developed countries in SE Asia, the poor are ripe for financial exploitation, by Westerners and their own people too. Don't seem so surprised when the poor want a better life.

Take away all the Social Security and Welfare payments in out countries, and we would see old men with girlfriends 35 years younger than them in London too, and they would'nt have to be mega-rich either, just having a job would do.

Be realistic. :D

This is an extraordinary week.... I've come across a post by Naam that I agreed with, and now, heavens above, I find myself in agreement with Maigo6 (it seems when he's not ranting on his pet subject he might have something to say).

Can't agree with Guesthouse & Naam anymore.

Most of you people are whining over a husband contributing approx. $200 dollars to his wifes happiness. IT'S $200 A MONTH FORGOD SAKE!. If anyone is not willing to contribute to your life partners happiness than they shouldn't be married to them in the first place. Most everyone with half a brain knows that in ASIA, the children generally support their parents as they get older (unlike the west). Thats nothing new people. It's been a tradition since before YOU were born. You came to Thailand and knew what this place is all about so quit whining.

You the poster should learn to mine your own business. You are his friend not his keeper. Who are you to be the one to cause a rift in his family anyway? Be happy for the guy. If you are any type of friend, may be you should help him make some more money. $200.00 a month is 30% of his monthly income....Geeeshh.

IMNSHO the fact that she can be bought for only 6k a month makes her a f- ing bargain for LOS!

Villagefarang has been bang on the money!! :o

No nation whores their daughters quite like Thailand!!!!!!

YOU ARE AN UTTER MORON. Your mother ever taught you respect or anything for that matter?

IMNSHO the fact that she can be bought for only 6k a month makes her a f- ing bargain for LOS!

Villagefarang has been bang on the money!! :D

YOU ARE AN UTTER MORON. Your mother ever taught you respect or anything for that matter?

In which way am I a moron pray tell? :o

In your last post you agreed with me that 200 bucks a month is nothing to achieve happiness!!

6000 baht a month is cheap compared to the costs many guys encounter!!

u dont have to tell him anything; u can, however, point out various things, with leading and pointed questions, and if he gets the clues, ok, if he doesnt its cause he doesnt want to get the clues. if he hasnt had such a good love life before, then his ego libido and heart are all getting stroked and if u tell him its rotten fruit, then he will say,, its sour grapes....

u can mention 'friends' with 'scenarios' that are similar to his, with the foregone bad reasults, u can point things out to him, but u cant tell him directly cause he wont listen anyway. he's too caught up in his own experience and point of view.

and just stick around for picking up the pieces, if there are any. there are a few members that have 'business' style marriage arrangements that are succesful (cant remember off hand, but htey are aware that they are not a woman's number one choice, but do get affection and a partner at home for return on the money they pay wife's family et al...);

deep down, he may have doubts of his own but will ignore them. the discussion here isnt whether sending money is good or not, but whether your friend is being taken for a ride (probably but u never know...)...

bina

Horses for courses, same pay more some less, I myself was fortunate that my father inlaw has been working excavators for nearly thirty five years on and off. Due to ill health (before I came along, verified :o ) he left his job to look after his wife. Mother inlaw got better due to good care from the hospital (but needs to take pills every day and check ups every 90 days, for the rest of her life, hopefully things stay like this for a long time, she's a fantastic old gal), so he was back in the game for employment. I am fortunate that money is not a problem for me, so I set up a company and employ my father inlaw as superviser, he earns a good wage every month, as do the rest of my staff. As such it costs me nothing towards the family (as of yet, but things change with time I know). I love my family with all my heart, and I can see that they feel much the same towards me, but at times I need support from them, and without question they give me 1000%.

Not being rude to the original post, but if more familys from Farangland carried on like Thais, the world would be a better place.

There are two things here.

1 The OP is not sure if he should tell his friend or not.

I did tell thetruth to a good friend once and now we are friends no longer. Right or wrong the fact is that our friendship is effectively over and I am sad about that but life goes on.

2 I have never paid sinsot, however I also give my wifes parents 6,000 baht a month. Her father is 70 ans her Mum is 62. I on the other hand am a relatively young 64 next month, my wife (the only daughter) is 42 and our son is nearly 4.

Neither of them work and I am assisting my wife in her duty (in Thai eyes) of supporting her parents in their old age.

In the UK where I come from a lot of elderly parents are "dumped" in homes and visited sometimes more regularly than others. I admit a lot of families look after their parents but a lot more do not.

In the west there is a social security net which helps but in Thailand there is not.

We have a small house waiting for her parents when they need to quit Bangkok and live their lives out in some comfort in the countryside. At the moment her Mum has been here since December and is very welcome to stay as long as she wishes.

There are times when I have not been able to give them their money and that has been accepted as well. If it is possible for them to help us then they do.

If the OPs friend is happy to help his girl out then it is HIS choice, no one elses, and if it all fails, that is the time that the OP should lend an ear, shoulder and sympathy.

Remember usually the bearer of bad news comes to a bad end. I know, I did.

What a lot of posters on TV seem to forget when answering posts like this is that people are free agents and if they want to do things their own way, it is their choice.

Personally I hope that it works out for the OPs friend as there are too many naysayers on this forum.

In your last post you agreed with me that 200 bucks a month is nothing to achieve happiness!!

It's self explanatory mate! What I said in my post is "If anyone is not willing to contribute to your life partners happiness than they shouldn't be married to them in the first place". It could be 6000 baht or 100000 baht, but If you are not willing to contribute to your wife/husband/partner happiness, than you shouldn't be married. Another self explanatory comment.

It's self explanatory mate! What I said in my post is "If anyone is not willing to contribute to your life partners happiness than they shouldn't be married to them in the first place". It could be 6000 baht or 100000 baht, but If you are not willing to contribute to your wife/husband/partner happiness, than you shouldn't be married. Another self explanatory comment.

You are missing the point. 6000 baht for a guy that make 100k / onth is different than what it is to a guy that make 18k / month. And the whole point is that im pretty convised this "love" will go quick if the payment stop. I dont like all the bull about "thai-culture", "this is the way it is over here", and so on either. I lived 19 years and i know the barversion so well, i also knowthe real deal and can tell the difference. Now, all of this is beside the point. Point was more that i wanted to know wether im to say something or not. I Think through all the answers in the thread that i got a pretty good idea how to do. I am very greatful for that, thanks alot guys.

Now, some came through and said they are also paying, "its ok, because i love this people", or "its the way over here", etc, etc. To those guys i just say: wake up and smell the dust. The bar-version is different from the reality. Sure, you are 65 living with a girl in her 30:s. Pay. Its a buisness-deal. She gives you what you want, you pay her. Dont think of this as love. Its not. Beleive me. No 30 year old love a 60 year old. Thats a fact decided by nature!! A poor girl loves money. Thats another fact by nature. Now please dont start calling this "thai-culture" or "thai-way" to a guy that been here longer than the bar-visit. Thats humiliation.

Anyway, good luck to those in the game.

Thanks alot to the guys that took this seriously, i got my perpective.

/Easer

Guys, you know what im talking about:

Guy meets girl. She "love him" and he loves her. They move in together and it turns out her parents dont work and dont have money. So, western as he is he thinks "lets open a buisness that they run and make their own money". Guy opens a western buisness and "mom and dad" dont give it the least bit try to make it happen. Buisness close. So, now guy pay mom and dad 5000/month for maintaining a life. Then guy makes more money and in order to be able to brag about it to girl he also needs to start paying 6000/month. Otherwise he turns out the asshol_e. In other words guy put himself in a possition where if he ever gets a raise its about "shut up or pay the raise to mom and dad". Stop pay and girl is out. Quick.

Now, guys, i need advise. What do i do. Seen this story one time to many and now a friend of mine is in the beginning of it. The "grandma in hospital", "cow is sick", "cat is pregnant" is coming on him and he just do have any clue because he is just flatered this lovely girl "loves" him as he also is deeply in love with her.

How do i do? Telling him i seen it before will probably ruin our friendship, saying nothing will also ruin our friendship in the long run because when he finds out i knew and did not say anything, i will be the asshol_e.

Nomatter how this thread seems, this is a serious issue for me and i would like it to be answered seriously. Please.

/Easer

love, or the illusion of it, is blinding and he will wake up eventually. better to just stay out of it. plus, who is to say she does not love him. people love differently.

Sure we all have to contribute something to make our partners happy. More often than not, as men, our contributions are naturally financial as the usually the provider in the couple. So is it wrong to contribute money every month to make your partner happy??? Certainly not! I paid Thousands of dollars to fund my wife's education at GIA. She wanted to work in the jewelry business. So I together with her mother, forked over the money to do it. She wants to travel with me were ever I go, I pay extra money on every trip, even business, even to Iraq, to take her. Trust me much much more than some 6000 baht we are talking about in the OP's example.

The difference comes in with personal integrity, when dose your spine veto your heart? When dose it smack you in the back and make you say, "look baby, if you want to go back to school, open a salon, do this or that for yourself , fine I got you covered. And if your folks get seriously sick, I'll cover that too. However I am not going to stand by and be their personal ATM machine because they are too LASY to work. Especially since they have the audacity to throw away the money I spent on setting up a business for them to be self sufficient. I know you love me, so please respect me more than to ask me to do that, because I will not." PERIOD.

If he doesn't think enough of himself to stand up and put those words (or anything similar) to that nagging feeling thats gotta be eating at him by now, than he deserves exactly what he gets.

What he may not realize is a view shared by most Thais, a competent man (ie. a bread winner who doesn't drink much, not a "butterfly", has his wits about him, ect) is MUCH more rare and valuable than a pretty girl. He may not realize it but I'm sure this girl dose. I bet if he toughened up and let her know that he knows too she wouldn't pull that crap. And if she did, and he's any kind of decent guy, there are soooooo many more women out here that are better suited for him then her.

To the OP.

SAY NOTHING.

Here is the story of what happened to my best friend, Michael. You may have seen this on other threads:

Back in 1999, my best friend, Michael, of over 20 years was introduced to a Thai lady at an engagement party in Norwich England. He was 51 she was 28. He fell in love with her immediately and over a 2 year period, the girl and her family in Keonkaen extorted over £80000 from my friend. After that the girl told him that she had a terminal disease and could not marry him, but offered her sister instead. Michael married the sister in 2001. It later transpired that the Thai girl he met in England already had an English husband in Norwich and is alive and well today.

In 2006 my friend caught his wife having an affair in Norwich. The shock was too much for him; he began walking back to his car and dropped dead in the rain into a gutter from a heart attack. He was 58. And yes I am very emotional about this.

In the end, that Thai family got £80000 of my friend's savings, his property in Buckinghamshire worth £400000 and finally even his soul. Our mutual friends and I warned Michael about this Thai group. Michael said, that if he cant find a wife, he'll buy one if necessary, but of course no one can buy true caring love. He was blind to the reality that they only wanted his money and targeted Michael because he was so desperate to get himself a wife and told them he had money and property. We fell out over this issue because Michael wouldn't listen to reason and I lost my closest friend, a soul mate of over 20 years.

Was my friend stupid, yes many will say so, but my hate for that Thai family is intense and I curse those people and the day that I took my friend to that engagement party in Norwich, England in which was the beginning of his downfall.

The warning here is: that if you say anything bad about that girl to your friend, he wont believe you anyway and will probably end up falling out with you over this issue that he can say is none of your business because your friend has already made up his mind that he wants this girl. Or if your friend does succeed in his relationship with the girl, in the end both of them will cast you aside for what they will believe that you tried to mess up their relationship.

The best way to play it is, tell your friend that you wouldn’t get involved with that girl and her family, but otherwise stay neutral and tell your friend it’s up to him what he does.

To the OP, you can't do anything to stop your friend's paying money to his girl's family.

Love and passion has no reason why to feel, your friend is happy to show how much is his love to her.

Let's him do so if he likes, but have him convinces to pay NO MORE THAN 5000B/month.

No matter what, if "cow is sick", "cat is pregnant", "her grandma is in hospital"

while he intends to pay the girl 6000B/month.... what if there is any emergency case with her family.

She should give her 6000B money to support her own family.

If it is not enough, let's the girl work, (why to quit working after having Foreigner BF?)

They can live and survive before your friend's coming to their lives.

Why to take responsibility for all her family's matters.....

What if he does not listen to you, lets him be a happy fool, can’t help.

I had a close family member in the same situation. I could see what was happening, so could my Thai husband. We tried to talk to him, but he turned on us saying that we were just trying to stop him from being happy.

We watched for 2 years as everything he earnt disappeared along with his savings.

I went through the airport and bought a book to keep me occupied on the flight, the book was " private dancer" it was like I was reading his story. He enjoys a good book so I gave it to him to read, I didn;t make any comment.

He read the book, twice in a row, then said to me it was like he was looking at his own life. He finally saw sense and finished with the girl, but it took another 2 years for the girl to realise she wasn;t going to get anything more from him and then she changed from the sweet smiling girl into a screaming abusive

and very nasty piece of work. If he had had any regrets they were forgotten when he saw this side of her.

Those of us who live here know how it works, I think people caught in this situation like to think their partner is different... but we know better don't we. And before we get complaints yes, I know not all are like this, but sadly it seems the majority.

Tell that to the gents on this forum who brag that they don't give their wives (or girlfriends) any money. They say they (the man) will lose self-respect, if he does.

To the OP.

SAY NOTHING.

Here is the story of what happened to my best friend, Michael. You may have seen this on other threads:

Back in 1999, my best friend, Michael, of over 20 years was introduced to a Thai lady at an engagement party in Norwich England. He was 51 she was 28. He fell in love with her immediately and over a 2 year period, the girl and her family in Keonkaen extorted over £80000 from my friend. After that the girl told him that she had a terminal disease and could not marry him, but offered her sister instead. Michael married the sister in 2001. It later transpired that the Thai girl he met in England already had an English husband in Norwich and is alive and well today.

In 2006 my friend caught his wife having an affair in Norwich. The shock was too much for him; he began walking back to his car and dropped dead in the rain into a gutter from a heart attack. He was 58. And yes I am very emotional about this.

In the end, that Thai family got £80000 of my friend's savings, his property in Buckinghamshire worth £400000 and finally even his soul. Our mutual friends and I warned Michael about this Thai group. Michael said, that if he cant find a wife, he'll buy one if necessary, but of course no one can buy true caring love. He was blind to the reality that they only wanted his money and targeted Michael because he was so desperate to get himself a wife and told them he had money and property. We fell out over this issue because Michael wouldn't listen to reason and I lost my closest friend, a soul mate of over 20 years.

Was my friend stupid, yes many will say so, but my hate for that Thai family is intense and I curse those people and the day that I took my friend to that engagement party in Norwich, England in which was the beginning of his downfall.

The warning here is: that if you say anything bad about that girl to your friend, he wont believe you anyway and will probably end up falling out with you over this issue that he can say is none of your business because your friend has already made up his mind that he wants this girl. Or if your friend does succeed in his relationship with the girl, in the end both of them will cast you aside for what they will believe that you tried to mess up their relationship.

The best way to play it is, tell your friend that you wouldn't get involved with that girl and her family, but otherwise stay neutral and tell your friend it's up to him what he does.

Tragic,. and aint this the truth,." but of course no one can buy true caring love."