Wild Boar Hunting

splorff

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i agree this is getting VERY boaring gents. can someone please tell splorf where the heck he can shoot a pig with a bow and arrow on phuket? i have seen wild boar in khao sok national park, but it is not legal to hunt there.

i, for one, have never heard of any hunting grounds on phuket. you would need to check as to whether this 'sport' is legal anyway. on the other hand, i HAVE seen plenty of pi........ oh, forget it.

i agree this is getting VERY boaring gents. can someone please tell splorf where the heck he can shoot a pig with a bow and arrow on phuket? i have seen wild boar in khao sok national park, but it is not legal to hunt there.

i, for one, have never heard of any hunting grounds on phuket. you would need to check as to whether this 'sport' is legal anyway. on the other hand, i HAVE seen plenty of pi........ oh, forget it.

Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlife Conservation Development and Extension Center

Located in Amphoe Thalang, you drive about 20 kms from Phuket Town to reach the Wildlife Conservation Center. A center of environmental studies, Khao Phra Thaeo, with an area of 13,925 rai, encompasses a dozen areas of virgin forest and actively conserves a rich variety of wild animals, which would otherwise become extinct in fast-growing Phuket. Also, Khao Phra Thaeo abounds with fascinating forest vegetation, and myriad giant trees covered by creepers and climbers of every description, similar to a Tarzan movie set. Especially rare is one species of palm called the Governor's Palm or White Back Palm ('pahm lahng kao' in Thai) found at Khao Phra Thaeo. Declared a wildlife sanctuary in July of 1969, Khao Phra Thaeo is home to many types of wild animals --langurs, barking deer, mouse deer, bear, wild boar, monkeys, gibbons, porcupines, macaques, reptiles, lizards and several species of birds, in an idyllic setting cooled by sonorous cascading waterfalls.

------------------------------------------------------------

Koh Chang, Trat, Thailand

Inland

The inland forest is largely inaccessible and covered with virgin rainforest. It is blessed with a wide and varied population of animals including, parrots, sunbirds, hornbills and trogons, Koh Chang’s well-known population of wild boar and beautiful butterflies. Tours into the rainforest are available for those needing a little more adventure and for those who would just like a taster.

Also in Kanchanaburi and Suphanburi Provinces and some Northern Thailand Provinces, only these are all National Parks and no, you Kan not legally hunt wild animals..................... :D

Your equipment many also not be legal "splorf" in Thailand.

Wild Boar on offer at restaurants around Thailand are either "home grown i.e. (domesticated)" or poached from the wild.

Hopefully that may answer a few questions :D

Kan Win :o

P.S. Do a google "Wild Boar in Thailand" I did.

I have often wanted to visit this park. Yes I too enjoy nature and would love to perhaps see tigers, ocelots buffalo or whatever. My Book Thailand- The Rough Guide, says that hut accomodation is available on stilts bordering a river. What a great few days that would be. Something I enjoyed while in Thailand last was my trip to the gibbon sanctuary, we followed a paths stream nearby, and sat down beside the biggest bamboo trees I have ever seen. The insects in the trees began to churp in unison, then would abruptly be silent, only to begin again. Wonderful stuff.

PEACE brother Splorff! you have my blessings to "broadhead" any boar in/on Phuket. and in case you are successful please send a smoked hind leg by personal message or e-mail attachment :D

But I would like to go forest trekking with you in the Pattaya Jungle. Can I hug the trees with you ? Can we hold hands and revere the animals too ?

We must be very careful not to step on any insects or toadstools though, or step upon the grass and harm it, or the karma faerie may send us to hel_l...

moreover, i reject killing animals for "sports". e.g. i hate @ssholes who fish, hold up the struggling fish "ain't dis summ bootiful catch?", remove the hook and throw the fish back in the water that other "sportsmen" can have the fun to catch the fish again :o

Would you object to those who kill animals for other reasons , perhaps to eat ? I must be honest, I fish, and if the fish is of good size, kill it and eat it, or give it to others to eat. A small fish I would carefully un-hook and return to the water.

If you eat animals then you cannot be against killing them

Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlife Conservation Development and Extension Center

Located in Amphoe Thalang, you drive about 20 kms from Phuket Town to reach the Wildlife Conservation Center. A center of environmental studies, Khao Phra Thaeo, with an area of 13,925 rai, encompasses a dozen areas of virgin forest and actively conserves a rich variety of wild animals, which would otherwise become extinct in fast-growing Phuket. Also, Khao Phra Thaeo abounds with fascinating forest vegetation, and myriad giant trees covered by creepers and climbers of every description, similar to a Tarzan movie set. Especially rare is one species of palm called the Governor's Palm or White Back Palm ('pahm lahng kao' in Thai) found at Khao Phra Thaeo. Declared a wildlife sanctuary in July of 1969, Khao Phra Thaeo is home to many types of wild animals --langurs, barking deer, mouse deer, bear, wild boar, monkeys, gibbons, porcupines, macaques, reptiles, lizards and several species of birds, in an idyllic setting cooled by sonorous cascading waterfalls.

Koh Chang, Trat, Thailand

Inland

The inland forest is largely inaccessible and covered with virgin rainforest. It is blessed with a wide and varied population of animals including, parrots, sunbirds, hornbills and trogons, Koh Chang’s well-known population of wild boar and beautiful butterflies. Tours into the rainforest are available for those needing a little more adventure and for those who would just like a taster.

Also in Kanchanaburi and Suphanburi Provinces and some Northern Thailand Provinces, only these are all National Parks and no, you Kan not legally hunt wild animals..................... :D

Wild Boar on offer at restaurants around Thailand are either "home grown i.e. (domesticated)" or poached from the wild.

Hopefully that may answer a few questions :D

Kan Win :o

P.S. Do a google "Wild Boar in Thailand" I did.

Thank you Kan Win for a very informative post. I will visit this reserve on my next visit. I like to see wild animals too, and usually not with a view to hunt them.

The inland forest of the island is where I would have expected to find boar. Its interesting to hear that boar is available in restaurants via hunting. It can only mean that hunters are active.

Can you tell me more about the local laws regarding the hunting of boar ? Is it legal? if not what are the penalties for hunting boar ?

Thanks Kan Win

Enough,enough enough, splorff, if you had bothered to read the post Kan Win put together,the answers to the questions you ask are already there

Quote>

Also in Kanchanaburi and Suphanburi Provinces and some Northern Thailand Provinces, only these are all National Parks and no, you Kan not legally hunt wild animals..................... wink.gif

Most if not all State owned forests are now either National; Parks or conservation areas and hunting in Thailand is restricted to ethnic Thai and the local hand made muzzleloader guns.

Furthermore Thaivisa does not allow discussion of illegal activities in the manner you are pursuing.