Tennis Coaching

CCCP

Just curious if there is any call for Tennis coaching. I'm an advanced fitness instructor and Tennis coach. I have no interest in the Fitness side but want to get back into the Tennis coaching if possible. I know enough Thai to get by so communication shouldn't be a problem. I'd also prefer to coach small groups of kids, and advanced 1 on 1.

Thanks

....i suppose u could try for international hotels....who might be able to fix up a work permit,u wouldn't be able to do it freelance as there would be a sudden influx of tennis coaches applications all over the place, years back thought of that myself before things got tough,..

I wonder if you might find more demand for this somewhere like Singapore (or anywhere with more expat families proportionately than Thailand has these days) - I know a lot of expat wives here who go for tennis lessons when hubby is at work and the kids at school - then they all hit the G&T's in the club bar afterwards but that's another story!

Doesn't meet your preferred customer group I suppose but nothing's perfect...

Just a thought.

CC

• 2 weeks later...

as far as i am aware the schrichaphan tennis academy in KhonKaen are always interested in foreign coaches, fortunately they only coach speaking english which is good but the pay is not so good as it is in the North East and so clients dont have the same income as the tourist areas, the salary is about 8000 baht per month for a 24 hr week and 300 baht per hour for individual lessons, if you want to earn a lot of money from tennis coaching dont try thailand, you need to do it for the love of the game and accept that you will earn about 20% of the european going rate.

I would say there is a good demand for it at international schools - considering some of them have golf coaches, track and field and swimming coaches (actually I know for sure some already have tennis coaching but are Thais - and tennis is so popular for hi-so Thais whose kids at at these schools there must be options. Also try places like the British Club, Soi Klang Racquet Club and the Polo Club. All have tennis programmes and although will prob hire Thai before (cheaper!) farang but you never know.

I bet there are heaps of opps for private tutoring for rich expats and Thais with tennis courts at their condos.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
What nationality are you?

My daughter's tennis coach is looking for expat coach in Singapore for his tennis club.

Let me know if you are interested.

Have a group of coaches (former students) who maybe interested. Email me details,

Edited by metisdead
Email address removed as per forum rule, use PM function instead.